Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a optima not to long ago and wanted to drop it about 1.5, 1.6.. am I going to need a camber kit for this?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums!

Congrats on picking up your Optima not too long ago.

What year and model do you have? No, you do not need a camber kit to lower the vehicle.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
Kia Optima SX 2012
15 Posts
I just got a optima not to long ago and wanted to drop it about 1.5, 1.6.. am I going to need a camber kit for this?
You can get the Truhart combo from k5optima store. That’s what I have it is awesome the ride quality remains smooth and the look is really nice. I’m pretty sure it’s 1.5 in the rear 1.6 in the front. The only bad thing I’ve noticed is I’ve started feeling a really harsh vibration doing a hard acceleration on the freeway. People have said it’s the cv axle since it’s at a different angle since it’s lowered and a solution still hasn’t been found I believe. But I’ve also heard not everyone experiences it I just thought I warn you since your thinking about lowering and this happened to me. Hopefully a solution can be brought up since I’m bringing this up on a newer thread.

·
Registered
Kia Optima SX 2012
15 Posts
You can get the Truhart combo from k5optima store. That’s what I have it is awesome the ride quality remains smooth and the look is really nice. I’m pretty sure it’s 1.5 in the rear 1.6 in the front. The only bad thing I’ve noticed is I’ve started feeling a really harsh vibration doing a hard acceleration on the freeway. People have said it’s the cv axle since it’s at a different angle since it’s lowered and a solution still hasn’t been found I believe. But I’ve also heard not everyone experiences it I just thought I warn you since your thinking about lowering and this happened to me. Hopefully a solution can be brought up since I’m bringing this up on a newer thread.
Here’s the link to the thread with the cv axle after lowering issue: [EX] : - cv axle wobble after lowering

1 - 4 of 4 Posts