Kia Optima Forums banner
261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia 2015 TF Si Kia Optima
8 Posts
Hey guys!

Sorry, bit of a lazy question, but can anyone advise of what springs are compatible with 2015 Kia Optima TF Si. I can only find them on eBay to suit 2004 GD KIA Optima.

Various names and models might be helpful as there would be some variation between American and Australian known suppliers.

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,375 Posts
Hey guys!

Sorry, bit of a lazy question, but can anyone advise of what springs are compatible with 2015 Kia Optima TF Si. I can only find them on eBay to suit 2004 GD KIA Optima.

Various names and models might be helpful as there would be some variation between American and Australian known suppliers.

Thanks in advance! :)
Hey there,

When it comes to the different options for lowering springs for the Optima, we have almost every brand available on our site to order. The different lowering specifications can be found on each of the individual product pages. Here is a direct link to our collection of lowering springs that we have available on the website:

K5 Optima Store - Lowering Springs

After taking a look at the different options available, if you have any questions or need assistance with choosing the best option, please feel free to reach out to us through email and we'd be happy to assist.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,457 Posts
Just installed Eibach's Pro Set, 1" drop, perfect.

No more body roll, no leaning, no bouncing. Firm and tight. Have not bottomed out, driving some really bum roads around my house.

$230 on Tire Rack. Sweeet deal.

Used the instructions, but found a couple extra tips that could help.

On the front. once the car is on a jack stand, put the jack under the A arm and push up to compress the strut spring, so you can easily get off the 19 mm Tie Rod bolt. The front sway bar is connected at the bottom end of the Tie Rod that you will not need to take off. But the front Sway bar is putting some good torque upward. When putting it back on, again put some pressure with a jack on the A arm to compress the Strut Spring to be able to get the Tie Rod Arm bolt in.

In the rear, if you have an aftermarket rear sway bar, there will be more up force being applied when you unbolt the 17mm from the sway bar link, step 4. So before taking that off, Step 3.5, while the jack is still supporting the A arm, pushing up on the rear spring; unbolt the 17 mm bolt that is under the A arm holding the sway bar link to the A arm; look under you will see it, take it off first, then go to step 4. When you put it back together in the rear, attach the sway bar link to the A arm, then using the jack push up on everything and attach the link to the sway bar.

Hope that helps.

View attachment 187697

1/11/16 ..bottoms out on big speed bumps in the rear - have to go slow over to avoid bottoming out
I did this as well but found the ride quality and constant threat of "bottoming out" bugged me. The ride was harsh and bumpy. So after hearing about the TruHart Sport struts/shocks, I gave them a try (very reasonable cost-wise) and was blown away at how much BETTER my ride had become! I highly recommend anybody who had first put lowering springs on their car and are unhappy with the ride to give them a try before moving to something more expensive like coilsovers. It also slighter further drops the car another ~1/4" which is a plus.

Reactions: carguy75

·
Registered
Kia Optima Si 2014
95 Posts
Hey all, I attempted D2 springs on Optima 2015 today. We ran out of time and only got the front ones on. Driving home there is a constant clunking and noise. Anyone know if this is related to having a lowered front only, or something else? We made sure all nuts were tight. Spring compressors were not needed on the D2 springs as they are shorter

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey all, I attempted D2 springs on Optima 2015 today. We ran out of time and only got the front ones on. Driving home there is a constant clunking and noise. Anyone know if this is related to having a lowered front only, or something else? We made sure all nuts were tight. Spring compressors were not needed on the D2 springs as they are shorter
Not sure about only running on front spring but...I just installed TruHart struts with Eibach springs and had major clanking. I took the springs back out and noticed the top spring isolator was not seated correctly. I think it rotated when I was tightening the top bolt. No more clanking after reinstall.

·
Registered
Kia Optima Si 2014
95 Posts
Thanks for the response, all sorted now. It was the top nut of the sway bar link that needed more tightening. These ones are really tricky because the nut and the bolt spin together. Just for reference for others, see picture below... there is a flat area under the plastic bushing that can be used to hold onto with a wrench when tightening.

oh and on a bonus, when the guy walked out and saw my car side on, he asked what it was... a jag? 😎

261 - 268 of 268 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.