Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving around today and decided to do a few wot runs to get some loggs with my jb4 app. So, driving in 1st, at around 3k rpms I floored it and shifted to 2nd. I heard thus clicking sound coming from underneath the car. I immediately let got of the throttle and it went away. Not sure what that was about. Tried replicating it to no avail.
What could it be?
BTW, timing look good according to loggs.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After this run, I left the car idle for a few mins and noticed the rpms dipping a couple of times. From the normal 700rpm down to 550ish then back up. This morning, car runs great. No issues at all. If it was a vaccum leak or bad plug, wouldn't it be doint it today also?
On a side note, yesterday was very hot and humid.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this clicking sound came back today. Again at wot. I let off the accelerator a bit and the sound went away. Best way I can describe is, it sounds like the starter turning while the car is on already like a flapping heat shield hitting metal. Happens periodically at wot only. Can it be tyranny related? Is 360hp+/- too much for this tranny? I need input from the gurus. It's driving me crazy lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.