Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Optima SX 2012
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m looking to undertake a DIY where I open up the fog drls to put in my own leds. I’m wondering if anyone has a cheap set of high quality plastic(factory version) of the fog bezels with drls included. The drl led does not need to be functional since I’m going to replace it anyway. All I’m looking for is the fog bezel and drl bezel attached preferable the mobis factory version. However I know a lot of people have bought the jdmtoy version and the leds have burnt out. I would be willing to buy these off your hands for very cheap but it would have to be very cheap since the plastic on this is not durable whatsoever. If you have an extra set with non working leds inside lying around please let me know! If you want to to text me for a quicker response my number is 3308404114.

·
Registered
Kia Optima SX 2012
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m looking if anyone has some 2011-2013 optima fog Drl bezels with leds. However, the led doesn’t have to be working since I’m going to be replacing it. So essentially I’m looking for the black fog bezel, with the the piece that holds the led as well(the large gray thing on the back).

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
111 Posts
I have done that already, so if you need any tips. let me know. I just took mine out, and ran a week without them while I put the LED's in, then put them back in the following weekend. I also made my own bluetooth controller and app to run a show sequence on them, so mine was a little more involved, but it worked, You don't particularly NEED them in to drive it, and I doubt anyone even noticed they were gone that week. LOL

·
Registered
Kia Optima SX 2012
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely will be doing that thank you. Currently I’m waiting on a drl bezel from AliExpress and some amber leds and control modules from CorsoMotion. Once I get around to undertaking this task I’ll hit you up with any questions. I do have a question now though. Did you cut your crash bar, buy a sxl Korean version meant for the drls, or did you cut the drl housing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts