Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think for my next firearm I want to get a shotgun. One of the biggest reasons is there is plenty of ammo in stores. I'd like something a little bigger for home defence. I've shot skeet before too, it's pretty fun.

So I want something that I can add a lot of mods too (see a trend? ;) )
I was thinking a Mossberg 500 or a Remington 870, something like that.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 500 and love it to death. I have shot hundreds of rounds through it without an issue. Plus there are so many options to trick it out. But if you get the 500 make sure you get the breacher barrel, it gives the gun a much more sinister look.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
There was a video about a new type of Shotgun that has little to no recoil, and it was a 12 guage!
I'll see if I can find it, this guy was shooting golf balls, and telling you which was he was going to make the balls go when he shot them out of the air!!!
It has a incrediable rate of fire also.

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There was a video about a new type of Shotgun that has little to no recoil, and it was a 12 guage!
I'll see if I can find it, this guy was shooting golf balls, and telling you which was he was going to make the balls go when he shot them out of the air!!!
It has a incrediable rate of fire also.
AA 12? lol

I really like the look of the Mossberg 500 Zombie edition :lol:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I currently have the Mossberg 590A1 and it's the beefiest, most reliable, and best firing shotgun that i have ever owned.

I'll never part with it.

If you're into all those fancy tricked out military types, then you should be looking into the KSG from Kel Tec or the UTS 15. Those are definitely crowd pleasers.

-asher

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think if your into modding a potential shotty I would go with the 500 possibly the 590. The things you can do to it is near to unlimited! If you want one from the majors I would go with the ones from Kel Tec

·
Registered
163 Posts
Stick with a Moss 500 or 590 or Remi 870, 20" or less barrel and practice if it's purely home defense. You don't want to me navigating your house potentially with a 28" barreled shotgun under high stress.

I currently have the Mossberg 590A1 and it's the beefiest, most reliable, and best firing shotgun that i have ever owned.

I'll never part with it.

If you're into all those fancy tricked out military types, then you should be looking into the KSG from Kel Tec or the UTS 15. Those are definitely crowd pleasers.
-asher
The KSG runs $1100+ territory still, if you want to find one in the next three years, that is Benelli money. The UTS is equally priced and pure junk, I would not put my life on the line with that shotgun.

·
Registered
2015 BMW M235i
2,822 Posts
I love my saiga 12. I can shoot good skeet with it too.

Only problem is that ****** will not cycle low brass withought some reliability mods first.

But the new saigas being imported now are really cool. Biggest improvement imo is the LRBHO and the magwells

I think the keltec ksg is really cool too, wanted one myself but they are to expensive, got a saiga instead
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
725 Posts
AA 12? lol

I really like the look of the Mossberg 500 Zombie edition :lol:

NO, that re-loader hand grip is not good!! It looks totally cool, but it is a pain. I have been a home defense shotgun fanatic for years, there is nothing better than a straight up Mossberg 500 cruiser (8 shot) 12 ga.
NO matter what anyone tells you, for home defense it is the best quality, most dependable, baddest 12ga for a **** good price, usually around $300.oo

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK. So I went to the new Field and Stream they just opened close to me. I am now leaning toward the Mossberg 500 Persuader 8 shot. They have it for a good price and it's still a 500 so all the addons will be the same right?
Probably going sometime this afternoon. I'll post pics later if I get it. :D

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You will be happy with it, below is a pic of mine I have had for at least 12 yrs (have had 0 issues with it)... It stays right by my bed within arms reach, I trust my life with it cause I know it will always go bang when I need it to... Also a pic of one of my other babies in 12GA...

Yes all the add-ons should work as they still fit my old azz 500...

Mossberg 500A

Saiga 12 (converted in Russia)

·
Registered
163 Posts
OK. So I went to the new Field and Stream they just opened close to me. I am now leaning toward the Mossberg 500 Persuader 8 shot. They have it for a good price and it's still a 500 so all the addons will be the same right?
Probably going sometime this afternoon. I'll post pics later if I get it. :D
Great choice for a shotgun. Just FYI they are owned by Dick's...:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have both an 870 Wingmaster with an 18" barrel, and a 26" Remington 1187 (for trap, full choke).

Love 'em both to death.

For home defense, you'll want an extended tube and a shorter barrel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts