Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a 2016 optima and on my way home the speedo went from 55 to all the way right then all the way left and would not show the speed of the car anymore. I took the car back to the dealer but they could not replicate the issue. So I went and picked the car back up and it did it again!! So I took the car back to the dealer. Is there a digital speedo? Is it a wiring issue? If I replace the whole unit could it solve the issue?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
441 Posts
No CEL?
Vehicle speed sensor, or connection?
Answer T'nut first -- BUT were it me I'd have my phone Camera ON each time I get in & see IF you (or passenger) can Video the problem happening / show the Dealer ........

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
684 Posts
I don't mean to make light of or not take seriously the issue but even with video evidence I imagine many dealers would still not try very hard to identify the issue in the absence of one or both of the following:

1) Dealer able to replicate the issue
2) OBD code (dealers are especially fond of using the "We can't troubleshoot if there's no code generated" excuse for not wanting to troubleshoot an issue)

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,460 Posts
Dealers love video evidence and even better if a code is thrown. Our clusters are completely digital despite the analog gauges, and are easy to swap out (only 1 plug). good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts