Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll start off a week ago, my daughter and I were going to see my girlfriend at work at about 10pm and hit a beaver (yes, a beaver) in the middle of town. The joys of living in South Georgia. Anyway, obviously it did a number on the skid plate and the underside of my car. Broke the front fascia at the very bottom of the bumper. Fast forward to last Wednesfay, I'm driving from south Georgia to Indians and in Chattanooga, in the rain, the car stalls, loses power, and CEL is flashing. I pulled over under a bridge and after a couple minutes had the bravado to pull back out. Died instantly. Took negative cable off to try to clear code. Didn't work. Made it to Indiana very slowly and back to Georgia, still very slowly. While in Indiana, the dealership I was working at had the service department put it up on the rack. They pulled a code for an electronic fuel pump. Called the Kia store in the next town and between the two of them came up with nothing. Where do I go from here?

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
What do you mean by 'came up with nothing'?

Was part replaced, tested only and was good or what?

Does it have a CEL light on it now? If so, unless you have a reader have an autozone or so read it for you, its Free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership said it pulled a code for an electronic fuel pump, but they couldn't find one. They called the Kia dealer for assistance, but they had none to give. Vehicle mileage is 40234

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts
Hold on, so you are saying the dealerships just gave up when they didn't see any parts locally?

You should tell them about this amazing thing called the postal service, it actually lets you obtain packages from OTHER locations, even other states or countries!

Was there a reason they didn't order the part?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They said they couldn't find the electronic fuel pump. Driving a vehicle back to Georgia at 61 mph with cruise that shuts off every couple minutes was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If youhave full coverage the animal impact is a comprehensive peril and is a covered loss. Comp claims dont raise your rates eitherstart a claim and let your insurance carrier cover it. Stop clearing the codes the MIL is flashing because it telling you to stop the engine right now. You shouuld still have the 10/100 warranty so if you're the original owner just take it to a competent dealer cause the one you've taken it to sounds inept

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
They said they couldn't find the electronic fuel pump. Driving a vehicle back to Georgia at 61 mph with cruise that shuts off every couple minutes was a lot of fun.
Do you mean they couldn't find a replacement electronic fuel pump to replace the old/bad one?

Or do you mean they literally didn't know where the bad electronic fuel pump was located, so they didn't bother to learn where it's located?

I literally can't tell what you mean, but it's really confusing as to why a repair shop is unable to fix a fuel pump????

·
Registered
49 Posts
They pulled a code for an electronic fuel pump. Called the Kia store in the next town and between the two of them came up with nothing. Where do I go from here?
I don't know what you are asking since the obvious answer is to get ahold of a fuel pump and replace it. It's been a week since your post so hopefully it is all resolved by now.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Reading some of these stories on this forum makes me wonder if I should have bought a KIA
Watch out for shady dealerships. Are you comfortable working on a car? Do you know a reputable mechanic?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I do most of my own work on our cars. I can do diagnostics and more than just basic repairs. BUT, when you have a 100k 10-year warranty and they jerk you around as they did him ... It's time to see a lawyer.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima Lx
34 Posts
So you drove the car in limp mode from Tennessee to Indiana to Georgia? I think I would have stopped at one of the many Kia dealerships you passed to get a diagnosis and possibly get it fixed

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
102 Posts
(my opinion) .... Troller
Lots of em' come to Kia and Hyundai boards to falsely complain.
Should be a new membership requirement on all these boards that new members post a minimum of five times inside two different threads, before having the ability to start their own thread.

Make the trollers work for their new thread ability.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts