Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. My name is Karim. I am the owner of 2012 Kia K5 2.0 TGDi. I bought her few years ago and start with engine rebuild. After long fight (as we don鈥檛 have parts for US version in Europe) I have won! 馃槄. Engine damage was misfires, low compression on 3 cylinders, low fuel pressure, engine coolant leaks, gearbox and engine oil leaks, broken oil cooler. But through all these years I made small step by step body and interior work.
I bought her with damage leather seats, scratches and dents on body, damaged front bumper and more ugly stuff on. 馃ゴ

Here鈥檚 some fresh photos. Soon I will open a new thread about this car. And show you some before and after photos. High five! 馃馃徑 Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. 馃槉
I bought her in Libya (as I have double nationality) I drove to Europe on wheels (Libya-Tunisia-Ferry-France-Germany-Poland) It took few days but it wasn鈥檛 my first time doing this. I travel this road with few past cars too.

Registered
Hi there. My name is Karim. I am the owner of 2012 Kia K5 2.0 TGDi. I bought her few years ago and start with engine rebuild. After long fight (as we don鈥檛 have parts for US version in Europe) I have won! 馃槄. Engine damage was misfires, low compression on 3 cylinders, low fuel pressure, engine coolant leaks, gearbox and engine oil leaks, broken oil cooler. But through all these years I made small step by step body and interior work.
I bought her with damage leather seats, scratches and dents on body, damaged front bumper and more ugly stuff on. 馃ゴ

Here鈥檚 some fresh photos. Soon I will open a new thread about this car. And show you some before and after photos. High five! 馃馃徑 View attachment 251336
Good luck with it, Karim. I'm Bob in Bristol CT, USA. I'm an old auto tech from the 1980s. I bought my GF's '12 SX turbo and I am in the process of bringing it to new mechanical condition, having spent almost $3K in parts, mostly from RockAuto. Already put on 20K miles in the past year. I love the power and I drive it hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.