Kia Optima Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV
149 Posts
An interesting thing, the local dealership here said that this change is not possible because the bulbs eat much more than the LEDs so your car would think the tails don't work so they really would not work.

I was looking at them like waaa..? :shocked:

Tell me milkit, so is it so that really these mods are for those who have the bulb version tail lights first and want to swap them for LEDs. No special resistor, whatever device is needed other than the above described proper wiring. Right?

·
Registered
2012 kia optima
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Basically, it's just a direct swap from LX, ex tails to the sx model.
This mod is for those that don't want to tap or modify their stock harness.... Warranty purposes.

If you add led bulbs to the rear turn signals then you will need to add resisters and etc.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
4 Posts
I can't view the pics on this post. I used to be able, but now I can't. It just says: "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting."

Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to tackle this mod very soon.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima
1,684 Posts
so I installed everything and had everything working until relatively recently where a body shop replaced my rear end and now my lights are causing problems.

For some reason, when headlights turned on, my brake lights were always on. I couldn't figure out exactly what's causing the problem so I redid the wiring one at a time until somehow I fixed it.

But now my passenger side trunk light doesn't turn on brake light when the headlights are off but it works when the headlights are on....

Anyone care to guess what's the issue?

Thanks

101 - 107 of 107 Posts