141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia K5
916 Posts
any reason that won't work for the Hybrid?
where do I find the info on the sxl reinforcement?

Sam
The bumper and the foglight housings are completely different on the hybrid. They have drl for the hybrid specific I believe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
320 Posts
Just to make sure, are the left sides of the fuses the downstream side of the current? In other words is positive voltage coming from the right side of them? If so, tell me if I have this right: If the fuse blows with the red wire connected to the left side of the fuse, the wire loses power, but if the wire was connected to the right side of the fuse and the fuse blows, the wire will still get power?

·
Registered
2013 Kia K5
916 Posts
Just to make sure, are the left sides of the fuses the downstream side of the current? In other words is positive voltage coming from the right side of them? If so, tell me if I have this right: If the fuse blows with the red wire connected to the left side of the fuse, the wire loses power, but if the wire was connected to the right side of the fuse and the fuse blows, the wire will still get power?
I'd rather get an add a circuit. Then you're protected no matter what.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
320 Posts
I'd rather get an add a circuit. Then you're protected no matter what.

Yeah that sounds like the best way to do it. Another question, is there a difference in brightness between the OEM and aftermarket DRLs? I've read that the aftermarket DRLs with the 3 wires are brighter, but am not sure how true this is. Or is the only difference that you can use the third wire to have them dim when the headlights turn on?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Another question, is there a difference in brightness between the OEM and aftermarket DRLs? I've read that the aftermarket DRLs with the 3 wires are brighter, but am not sure how true this is. Or is the only difference that you can use the third wire to have them dim when the headlights turn on?
Hey Blake, yes there is a difference between the OEM DRL's and the aftermarket ones. Most of the aftermarket ones are cheaply made in China using low end LEDs and no heatsink to cool the LEDs. This leads to premature failure of the lights after only a few months. There are better quality LED DRLs made as well but they cost a lot of money based on the material used and the OEM parts used to house the LEDs. You can find more info on those aftermarket LED DRLs made in Korea here: http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/74-vendor-classifieds/18497-newest-high-powered-led-drl-optima.html

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
320 Posts
Hey Blake, yes there is a difference between the OEM DRL's and the aftermarket ones. Most of the aftermarket ones are cheaply made in China using low end LEDs and no heatsink to cool the LEDs. This leads to premature failure of the lights after only a few months. There are better quality LED DRLs made as well but they cost a lot of money based on the material used and the OEM parts used to house the LEDs. You can find more info on those aftermarket LED DRLs made in Korea here: http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/74-vendor-classifieds/18497-newest-high-powered-led-drl-optima.html
Yeah after doing a lot of reading, it looks like there's a big downside to each DRL option, but the OEM ones probably make the most sense, and then I still have the option to replace the LEDs with the 5050s later if I want.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
Yeah after doing a lot of reading, it looks like there's a big downside to each DRL option, but the OEM ones probably make the most sense, and then I still have the option to replace the LEDs with the 5050s later if I want.
Well kind of, there is no downside to going with the High powered LED DRL other than the cost. However yes I would agree that going with OEM is most likely the safest way!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
They are not going to be as bright as the 5050 LEDs as they are 5450 LEDs. Still bright just not as bright!

THe forum is having some issues that they are working on fixing right now.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
So, I have been following this walk through from page 1 to install my DRLs and I am wondering what are the male/female interlocking connectors for and where do they go? Do they plug into something? Also, the green wire which goes into the fuse box under the steering wheel, does it go into the male connector on the left side? Then does the black wire from the fog light ground into this male connector? Plus, do you cut the black wire from fog light and splice in another black wire to the male interlocking connector? Is this just confusing to me? I appreciate any help you can pass a long!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
So, I have been following this walk through from page 1 to install my DRLs and I am wondering what are the male/female interlocking connectors for and where do they go? Do they plug into something? Also, the green wire which goes into the fuse box under the steering wheel, does it go into the male connector on the left side? Then does the black wire from the fog light ground into this male connector? Plus, do you cut the black wire from fog light and splice in another black wire to the male interlocking connector? Is this just confusing to me? I appreciate any help you can pass a long!
The connectors don't plug in anywhere. They are for the Korean vehicles that come pre-wired for DRLs. Our cars do not, therefore you just cut the plugs off and wire them in however you want to wire them in.

141 - 160 of 186 Posts