·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima
1,684 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima
1,684 Posts
Lol uh oh, maybe you can test out the other Drl just to see if it works or not. If one does in fact work then you know the other one is toasted lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
just ran the wires for both drl and tapped the red to + and black to - of the battery, they don't turn on :(

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
just ran the wires for both drl and tapped the red to + and black to - of the battery, they don't turn on :(
G, honestly from what I'm seeing I don't think the Drl are the issue here because the chances of both of them broke at the time are rare. I actually think it may be the wire on how they wire and it could be mix up. I wish I could help you if I was there but I'm not, do you have Viber app? I can walk you through on the phone and guide you if you prefer.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima
1,684 Posts
G, honestly from what I'm seeing I don't think the Drl are the issue here because the chances of both of them broke at the time are rare. I actually think it may be the wire on how they wire and it could be mix up. I wish I could help you if I was there but I'm not, do you have Viber app? I can walk you through on the phone and guide you if you prefer.

don't know what that is but i'm downloading it now and will send you a PM lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
So the domestic DRL's come w/ 3 wires... green, black and red. What are the 3 wires for?? How would I wire them up?
i bought a used one (i'm 99% sure the previous owner bought it from David like most of us)
here's the harness

The odd thing is i extended the wires and tried just contacting the red/green (separately and then together) to the + and black to - but they didn't come on....
Hi did you ever figure this out?? I have a set trying to install now and it has 3 wires too... red, green and black.

My set actually homes w/ a harness where I should be able to plug the standard foglight 2 prong extension straight to the stog foglight from the DRL, but the stock 2 prong harness from the car needs to connect to this square 5 prong harness... see pic. Boy it sure would be easy if they simply provided a harness...

ANSWER: Use green for 50% "dim" power, or red for 100% power. Based on issues w/ overheating, looks like I'm destined for green hookup...

181 - 187 of 187 Posts