Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to switch my halogens lights to led lights on my 2013 kia Optima ex. I just want to know if I have to switch headlights assembly or can I just by led light bulbs?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,737 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,493 Posts
I want to switch my halogens lights to led lights on my 2013 kia Optima ex. I just want to know if I have to switch headlights assembly or can I just by led light bulbs?
You can simply add LED bulbs. However that's said, the projectors in our cars are made for halogen and if you switch to LED, your beam pattern or brightness my differ. YMMV.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This thread answered my question but I am curious how those who have put LED bulbs in the optima work with the projectors? I'm love LEDs but am hesitant because of the projectors?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,737 Posts
This thread answered my question but I am curious how those who have put LED bulbs in the optima work with the projectors? I'm love LEDs but am hesitant because of the projectors?
Different LED lights will project light differently.

Our LED headlight kits are specifically designed and engineered for the Kia Optima.

Feel free to reach out if you’re interested in what we have available, or check out our website

·
Registered
20 Posts
I guess you're talking about the 6,000 Lumen Cree headlight/foglight kits? Is there a high beam LED as well? I like everything to match. Lots of good reviews on your site about these lights!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,737 Posts
I guess you're talking about the 6,000 Lumen Cree headlight/foglight kits? Is there a high beam LED as well? I like everything to match. Lots of good reviews on your site about these lights!
That is one of the two that we carry, yes.

You would need to determine your bulb size for your high beams, the best approach being removing one of the bulbs and looking what is marked right on it. Headlight bulbs are not sold based on where they go, they’re based on the bulb size. Feel free to reach out to us through email once you determine the bulb size, and we will point you in the right direction.

-David

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can anyone other than David comment on these lights? I know David is doing his job and is very informative but I'd love some feedback from customers if possible?? Thanks!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,737 Posts
Can anyone other than David comment on these lights? I know David is doing his job and is very informative but I'd love some feedback from customers if possible?? Thanks!
I realize you just joined here 16 days ago. I’ve been on this forum for over 10 years now, and this site used to be extremely active, but it died out a few years ago, and in 2021, there are hardly any members active here. Trying to get random buyers of our product to comment feedback in this thread might be very hard to do.

Please take a moment to click on the links below to see the reviews from verified buyers who have purchased the product from us, and taken the time to leave feedback. We use a 3rd party review company called Yotpo who verifies that there is a purchase for the person leaving a review so that they can’t be tweaked or modified.

There are 50 reviews from verified buyers on our RGB color changing LED headlights, and over 100+ reviews from verified buyers on our 6000 Lumen CREE LED headlight or fog light kit.

RGB LED Color Changing Headlight or Fog Light Kit - K5 Optima Store

6,000 Lumen CREE LED Headlight or Fog Light Kit

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Dave...I happened upon some threads with reviews after I posted...its funny how these online forums ebb and flow over the years...I've been on titan talk for years after owning 2 Titans and its the same. Thanks and you may have seen I already put an order in yesterday! haha ordered the interior light kit and the upgraded reverse lights. I'll probably order the LED headlights soon just want to verify the bulbs that are in my 2011. Thanks though for the explanation bud!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,737 Posts
Thanks Dave...I happened upon some threads with reviews after I posted...its funny how these online forums ebb and flow over the years...I've been on titan talk for years after owning 2 Titans and its the same. Thanks and you may have seen I already put an order in yesterday! haha ordered the interior light kit and the upgraded reverse lights. I'll probably order the LED headlights soon just want to verify the bulbs that are in my 2011. Thanks though for the explanation bud!
Absolutely, you’re very welcome. It’s true, they definitely change and flow differently over the years. My pleasure, and we did get those out yesterday for you as well. No problem at all, happy to help, and your 2011 model should use H11B bulbs. Please feel free to reach out anytime if you have questions, we’re always here to help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts