Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some things all installed and wired up. 30" LED light bar in the grill. That took some work. Had to drill into the bumper to mount steel brackets. The bumper is no joke. Melted a few bits in the process. Also put switchback bulbs in the turn signals, then wired them to a switch so I can turn them on all the time as DRL's. (I have the SX which doesn't have any factory DRL). The electrical guy 3D printed a nice double switch that looks like it's supposed to be there. Lights are bright and good for spotting moose on the shoulder of the road on dark lonely highways. I'm still trying to decide what to do with the fog lights. HID's in them don't do much better. The shields in those lights are huge. May have to take them apart and get rid of the shield to get any useful light from them. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Various pics. If you drive in the country at night this is a worthwhile mod. Kinda pointless in the city, but some would think it's cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to take a pic of just the DRL's. They are quite bright. Had to try a couple of sets to find ones easily visible in daylight. And FWIW I don't drive in any kind off traffic with the bar lit up... LOL.

·
Registered
2013 Optima Optima SXL
551 Posts
If I was still living in Northern British Columbia I would love to do that to my Optima.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice and bright.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,437 Posts
Finally got some things all installed and wired up. 30" LED light bar in the grill. That took some work. Had to drill into the bumper to mount steel brackets. The bumper is no joke. Melted a few bits in the process. Also put switchback bulbs in the turn signals, then wired them to a switch so I can turn them on all the time as DRL's. (I have the SX which doesn't have any factory DRL). The electrical guy 3D printed a nice double switch that looks like it's supposed to be there. Lights are bright and good for spotting moose on the shoulder of the road on dark lonely highways. I'm still trying to decide what to do with the fog lights. HID's in them don't do much better. The shields in those lights are huge. May have to take them apart and get rid of the shield to get any useful light from them. Pics to follow.
VERY cool. Love the pictures! And yes, I took out the shields on my fogs when I did my projector retrofits. Much better light output from the fogs down there. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts