Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia 2017 Kia Optima LX White Pearl
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on doing LED light upgrade. I inquired at the dealership about an upgrade just to see what they say.

Looking at the Auxbeam LED headlights and I know that several people had issues with just using the plain bulbs. Who has done this install and anyone use a CANBUS decoder and anti-flicker module? Anyone have any recommendations on this or do I even need it? This is for my 2018 Optima LX.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,764 Posts
Awesome, one of the best upgrades you can do for the Optima. :thumbsup:

I could not tell you about that brand, as I am not familiar with it specifically.

However, we do carry our own line of LED headlights that are extremely high quality.

Our LED kits are specifically designed to be used with the electrical system on Kia & Hyundai vehicles.

Many of the cheaper LED kits on the market have issues with flickering and etc.

Our kits do not need any additional anti-flicker harness or decoder with them.

If interested, I would recommend checking out our new RGB LED kit below.

RGB LED Color Changing Headlight or Fog Light Kit - K5 Optima Store

Just let me know if you have any questions about any of the products we sell.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
59 Posts
I recently ordered and installed the Cougar Motor 9005 LED bulbs for my low beams and they have been great so far. I did not need to install a CANBUS decoder or anti-flickering module. After installing it looks like the fan will prevent the dust cover from screwing back on, but it JUST fits. I purchased this brand because of their 3 year warranty and for the fact that they're under $50, but as a bonus they're super bright and the beam pattern is actually great. If they end up crapping out within 3 years I'll just get my money back and invest in a higher quality bulb like the ones K5OS sells! We'll see!

Btw this was on my 2016 EX - not sure how 2018 bulb types differ.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,764 Posts
I recently ordered and installed the Cougar Motor 9005 LED bulbs for my low beams and they have been great so far. I did not need to install a CANBUS decoder or anti-flickering module. After installing it looks like the fan will prevent the dust cover from screwing back on, but it JUST fits. I purchased this brand because of their 3 year warranty and for the fact that they're under $50, but as a bonus they're super bright and the beam pattern is actually great. If they end up crapping out within 3 years I'll just get my money back and invest in a higher quality bulb like the ones K5OS sells! We'll see!

Btw this was on my 2016 EX - not sure how 2018 bulb types differ.
Gotcha, totally makes sense.

The 2016-2019 Optima with halogen lighting, should all use the same bulb size.

·
Registered
2018 Kia 2017 Kia Optima LX White Pearl
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Auxbeam F-16 series 9005 bulbs for my low beam headlights. What a great upgrade! $50.99 with same day shipping if you have Prime! They come with canbus decoders in case you think you need them. As you see I fit them in underneath.

Good beam pattern, good illumination of lines and signs.

I had to remove the bolts for the coolant overflow tank and temporarily move it to access the passenger side bulb. On the driver's side, I had to remove an 11mm nut and temporarily relocate the diagnosis port to get my wrist to clear the driver's side bulb. Easy to install. I have pictures below!

Check it out!

Auxbeam 9005 LED Headlight Bulb F-16 Series LED Headlights with 2 Pcs of led Bulbs 60W 6000lm CREE LED Chips - 1 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G16BWLC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_P5Y0BbJB0S4XZ

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am planning on doing LED light upgrade. I inquired at the dealership about an upgrade just to see what they say.

Looking at the Auxbeam LED headlights and I know that several people had issues with just using the plain bulbs. Who has done this install and anyone use a CANBUS decoder and anti-flicker module? Anyone have any recommendations on this or do I even need it? This is for my 2018 Optima LX.
Hi can these headlight work on a 2019

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the Auxbeam F-16 series 9005 bulbs for my low beam headlights. What a great upgrade! $50.99 with same day shipping if you have Prime! They come with canbus decoders in case you think you need them. As you see I fit them in underneath.

Good beam pattern, good illumination of lines and signs.

I had to remove the bolts for the coolant overflow tank and temporarily move it to access the passenger side bulb. On the driver's side, I had to remove an 11mm nut and temporarily relocate the diagnosis port to get my wrist to clear the driver's side bulb. Easy to install. I have pictures below!

Check it out!

Auxbeam 9005 LED Headlight Bulb F-16 Series LED Headlights with 2 Pcs of led Bulbs 60W 6000lm CREE LED Chips - 1 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G16BWLC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_P5Y0BbJB0S4XZ

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I am getting ready to change to Auxbeam H11 on my 2014 Optima SX. My question is...do I need to leave the cap off after replacing the bulb...so the fan can really dispel the heat? Thanks.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,764 Posts
I am getting ready to change to Auxbeam H11 on my 2014 Optima SX. My question is...do I need to leave the cap off after replacing the bulb...so the fan can really dispel the heat? Thanks.
Are you sure your 2014 Optima SX uses H11, pretty sure all the SX models came with D1S HIDs from the factory? Maybe not though...

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
621 Posts
Awesome, one of the best upgrades you can do for the Optima. 👍
Our LED kits are specifically designed to be used with the electrical system on Kia & Hyundai vehicles.
If interested, I would recommend checking out our new RGB LED kit below.

RGB LED Color Changing Headlight or Fog Light Kit - K5 Optima Store

Just let me know if you have any questions about any of the products we sell.
Is your link site Disclaimer - Don't Order these (low beams) IF you have Factory HID -- Just for THIS brand, or LED's in general? Thanks!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,764 Posts
Is your link site Disclaimer - Don't Order these (low beams) IF you have Factory HID -- Just for THIS brand, or LED's in general? Thanks!
This is in general, as aftermarket LED bulbs would be a downgrade to any factory HID equipped vehicle. Aftermarket LED is not comparable to a factory equipped HID system from the vehicle manufacturer. Now if the vehicle came equipped with factory LED headlights, those would outperform the factory HID headlights, any day.

If your vehicle came equipped with factory HID headlights, I would recommend upgrading to a brighter bulb which we do carry on our website below:

OSRAM XENARC 66140 CBI HID D1S Bulbs - K5 Optima Store

1 - 15 of 15 Posts