Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or know a site with the proper wiring instruction for these? I have watched and looked at a bunch but none are for the 2016 Optima SX. The wiring from other places only have either 3 wires and are not specific.....mine has 4 and are green,black,yellow and red...my factory harness has 2 black 2 pink 1 white and a green w/a black line on it.....HELP!! I am most likely over thinking this but better safe than sorry...haha

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
ouch that hurts!! you are the only guys I order from...haha
Haha I thought so, but didn't want to assume...

Can you take a picture of what you received, showing all of the wiring?

Maybe I can try and help you here.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Does anyone have or know a site with the proper wiring instruction for these? mine has 4 and are green,black,yellow and red...
The correct answer on how to wire these colors you have on the bumper LED lights you got from us is as follows:

RED WIRE: 100% POWER WIRE (BRAKE LIGHTS)

BLACK WIRE: GROUNDING LOCATION

GREEN WIRE: 50% POWER WIRE (TAIL LIGHTS)

YELLOW WIRE: TURN SIGNAL WIRE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry so slow but yes...and i also have lights on the trunk as well do i need to make a jumper for those or tap in from the one in the corner

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,681 Posts
Unfortunately, the information I provided above with where the wires need to be wired on the vehicle is all I am able to comment on, as I do not have 1st hand experience actually installing these myself on an Optima.

·
Registered
478 Posts
sorry so slow but yes...and i also have lights on the trunk as well do i need to make a jumper for those or tap in from the one in the corner
Use the ones in the corner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts