Kia Optima Forums banner

LED Bulbs

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  K5 Optima Store 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Kia Optima EX that came with halogen headlights. I was given some Sylvania LED bulbs sizes 1157 (fits 2357 & 2057) and 7506 (fits 2256). The 1157 bulb is 12.8V, 2.3/03W and the 7506 bulb is 12.8V, 2.3W. Since my car did not come equipped with LED bulbs am I able to do a "plug and play" with the LED bulbs without any issues. Would it cause the LED bulbs to hyper flash? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Since your vehicle did not come with LED turn signals to begin with, if you were to install the Sylvania LED bulbs 1157 into your front turn signal bulbs (which is the size that is most likely used for your 2014 Kia Optima turn signal bulbs) then you would experience hyper flashing without the use of load resistors. We do sell those on our website below:

50W 6 Ohm Load Resistors for LED Turn Signal bulbs - K5 Optima Store

Neither of the bulb sizes you mentioned are for headlights, I noticed you mentioned your vehicle came with halogen headlights, neither of these are for the headlights for your vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.