Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,
This Friday I have lease pre-inspection appointment since my 2016 Optima SX-Llease is up on 4/1/20. Not sure if I can afford a Stinger GT1/2 since I really want that twin-turbo V6, but I do also have my eye on a new 2019 Genesis G70 2.0 AWD with the prestige package that I bet I can get a good deal on.
My car only has 19,600 so the miles are not going to be a problem, the front facing camera will be replaced in the next couple of days (second time this has happened to me,) the tires are sketchy coming in at the minimum thread depth of 4/32 as of today (hate to place new tires on a car that will not be mine in a month,) the interior is great, but dirty, no serious body scratches/dents that are even and all the windows are good to go.
At this point I would like to know from anybody out there who had this pre-inspection completed if it was worth it, especially for the people that just walked away from the car and went with another car manufacturer?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,591 Posts
Looks as if you'll be fine, but it all depends on the "inspector" as they do have some leeway, but tires are a big part on the equation and it might state in the lease the minimum tread depth @ 4/32", as are any dents, large scratches, and not necessarily a dirty interior, but if any stains that can't be removed.

Take the car through a car wash before inspection, and then see if any "penalties".

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks as if you'll be fine, but it all depends on the "inspector" as they do have some leeway, but tires are a big part on the equation and it might state in the lease the minimum tread depth @ 4/32", as are any dents, large scratches, and not necessarily a dirty interior, but if any stains that can't be removed.

Take the car through a car wash before inspection, and then see if any "penalties".
Yes, the minimum thread depth has to come in no lower then 4/32”. I really don’t want to buy new tires, but saw some inexpensive ones on the Discount Tire website.
I definitely plan on washing the car and vacuuming/cleaning the interior a bit as well.
The car is allowed to have scratches up to four inches long and dents I believe up to 1/2” deep which does not pertain to me since I don’t have any of those.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depending on your location there's plenty of used tires available 235/45-18.
I tried three different Discount Tires, with no luck. Big O does not sell used ones at all.
I can actually get a new set of Sentury branded tires out the door for $328.00 at Discount Tires; tires go for $57.00 a piece before all the extra charges like mounting and taxes.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
207 Posts
You should be fine returning the car. As far as tires I returned my 340i with pretty much bald tires and wasn't charged. I was however charged for a returning the car disgustingly filthy which they deemed under "excessive wear and tear".

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should be fine returning the car. As far as tires I returned my 340i with pretty much bald tires and wasn't charged. I was however charged for a returning the car disgustingly filthy which they deemed under "excessive wear and tear".
That sounds ridiculous, but anything to make a buck I guess.
I’ll wash the car for my pre-inspection this Friday, and vacuum the car, but the interior is pretty clean.
I’ll try to wash the car the day I actually return it, but since I am in Denver it could possibly snow that day; the interior will sparkle if need be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts