Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
I don’t see a reason why it shouldn’t, I believe all turbo models ranging from 2011-2020 are compatible and it even listed on K5OS website. Back then when I had K5 I did use the Lap 3 chip for a few months and it was fun for the time being until I trade it in. Might as well burn the shi.t out of the engine and you might get lucky and Kia will replace a new engine for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Sorry I’m not too sure about that one as I never had a midpipe install before, hopefully David from K5OS can chime in to answer your question as I’m sure he’s much more familiar with the chip being a seller. I personally don’t think it would throw a CEL but I could be wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2013 Kia Optima
589 Posts
Does a midpipe cause a cel?
It depends. Is it a straight-through? If so, then yes, as you've removed the cat. Even if you replaced with a midpipe and cat, it can still rarely through a CEL since you've changed the numbers and if it passes the threshold it will go off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.