Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I am interested in possibly purchasing a used Lap3 Uncle Boost ECU Reflash Module, stage 1 to 1.5, for my 2015 Kia Optima SXL, at a reasonable price.
I really cannot afford a new one right now.
If you have one you are willing to sell, please let me know.
Thanks for your help.
NOTE: SEE BELOW :

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Update:

I actually purchased one of these from Lap3 a few weeks ago.
Its the Uncle Tune ECU Reflash Module, stages 1 and 1.5, NOT the Uncle Chip.
Has 3 settings. Stock, Uncle, and Uncle +, the hook-up cable, and 2 decals.
Works perfectly, and really boosts the power!
It was for my 2015 Kia Optima SXL turbo.
I have decided to trade the car.
So, I have decided that I will probably sell the ECU Reflash Module, if anyone is interested, and the offer is good.

I also have a ADD V3.3, 3 port catch can, ADD V3.0 catch can, that I may sell, and a new MTX Terminator TNE-212D dual 12" sealed subwoofer, that I installed metal grilles on, that I may wish to sell if anyone is interested.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
170 Posts
Bare in mind. This is an ECU reflash. This unit is coded to the VIN and will have to be sent into the MFG (lap3) for reprogramming. Possibility of bricking your car if you try to do it without reprogramming.

·
01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,145 Posts
The buyer would have to get it reset by Lap3 to use on another vehicle if it has already been paired to yours. I think the current cost is $450 (not including shipping)...you may need to reconsider your asking price !..If you never paired it, then its a great price !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excuse me,
Please check Lap3 website.
The Lap3 Reflash module is $950.00!
This is NOT the piggy back unit you buy from Kia Optima Store, so you may want to reconsider as well!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JULIO KIA,

THIS IS THE ECU REFLASH UNIT DIRECT FROM LAP3 AND DAVID CHUNG.
RETAIL PRICE IS $950.00.
THIS IS NOT THE PIGGYBACK CHIP FROM KIA OPTIMA STORE FOR $450.00!
TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS!
PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING THIS MISINFORMATION.
Thank You.

·
01/2015 ROTM, 05/2015 ROTM
2013 Optima 2013 SXL
1,145 Posts
I am fully aware of that. If you have already paired this to your car, it will have to sent to Lap3 for a reset ($450)...bringing total cost to $1150. If you have never paired it, then all is good and $700 is a great deal. Just saying that you need to specify in your listing if it has ever been used or not. In the interests of fairness as if an unknowing buyer purchases it and attempts to pair it to another vehicle, he would most likely brick his ECU !! I am pretty sure that you did not maybe realize this. Not trying to misinform anybody, just trying to help out you and any potential buyer from major problems !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, it was a misunderstanding.
I will regrettably sell it for $400.00.
Then the buyer can have it reset by Lap3 for their vehicle for $450.00.

LD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.