Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX T-GDI Korean Model
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I finally pulled the trigger for the lap3 tuner. Let me tell you, the community for Lap3 is insane, I've met few great people, David, Matt, Andre, Brittany, Christopher, Jason, Garrett, just to name a few. I've gotten so many support and all of my questions were answered.

I'm getting a new engine in the next few days and the new tune will be on after break in. I will update, ask me any questions you may have.

Nameless Performance Intake
Nameless Performance Charge Pipe with Snapse BOV
Nameless Performance Midpipe with HFC
CP-e Catback
Saikou Michi Dual OCC
HKS Spark Plugs

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
235 Posts
Are you going to dyno it before/after? I've been looking for some dyno results as I'm considering upgrading from the Uncle Chip to the tune. Trying to decide if it's worth the extra dough for the gains between the two products.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX T-GDI Korean Model
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have dyno and not planning on doing a dyno before hand either. I have full bolt ons on my car already without the tune (new engine), and I will dyno afterwards tho. I think I can crack 300/300 on E30 mix. One thing I do want to address tho is that the Uncle Chip have way too much boost IMO but less power vs. the tune has less but more power and more safer.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,490 Posts
The
Are you going to dyno it before/after? I've been looking for some dyno results as I'm considering upgrading from the Uncle Chip to the tune. Trying to decide if it's worth the extra dough for the gains between the two products.
the LAP3 tune is a jump above the chip. Plus its safer to run vs the chip. There are several bolt ons as well that'll improve performance in combination with your tuning option.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
235 Posts
Yes, I've read it's a step up, but it's a $1400 step (with the spare ECU). My car makes 264whp now with just the chip and I'm trying to weigh out the $ per HP gains to be had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts