Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima 2014 Kia Optima SXL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my initial review of the Lap3 Ecu Module with Stage 2.5 and Burble Tune:

Power delivery is much smoother and stronger throughout the entire power band. Before on Stage 1.5, it felt like there was slight power loss on the top end but with Stage 2.5 the car keeps pulling.

Torque has also increased significantly because from a rolling launch from 40mph, the car will still spin the tires which is crazy! (I am running 245/35/19 tires but will definitely be changing to a bigger width in the near future to efficiently put down the torque to the ground)

The burble tune is nothing short of insane. This is something I highly recommend every owner should add onto their purchase. When cruising normally, there will not be burbles but when you are manually shifting gears with the tiptronic, letting off the throttle between 3-4k rpm will activate the burbles. Letting off the throttle between 4-5k rpm will activate louder burbles, and between 5-6k rpms, the burbles will pop and bang! You will also pop flames because of the methanol kit and boy does it break necks and have people staring as you snap, crackle, and pop.

If you are hesitating on going to the next stage with your Optima, JUST DO IT. Go to lap3usa.com right now and order the next maps for your Optima and I promise you the first pull you do, you will have the widest grin on your face.

High Quality Video and Audio coming soon!

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Good review of the performance tune and interesting you see tire spin. I was wondering what that module would bring. Maybe I am too old but that Burble concept chaps my.... I hear cars doing that stuff and roll my eyes and laugh, same as loud bikes like Harley, just attention seekers. Sorry if you think it's "cool", no offence as each their own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts