Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was always seeing for the longest time the posts about lap3 Ecu Re flash and was very curious. After speaking with many people about how they liked it i decided to go ahead and make the purchase. Holy moly what a difference. I was definitely expecting big improvements but the after effect of about 7 minutes or so of the the process i was just shocked how different it drove and felt. Immediately taking it for a test drive I felt the difference just by driving down the street and even more on the highway. It makes the power that the car is capable of very easy instead of having to kinda push my foot harder than id like to get up to speed. Now i can effortlessly get up to speed or pass them if i have to. I've had a week to fully test everything now and I can easily it was the best move Ive ever made for my car for power. 10/10 and stage 1.5 is just the beginning and I wouldn't think twice about a tune from lap3 by far the best out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice congrats, David seems to be really good about making sure to have customers that order post a review on the Optima Forums...
No one requested that I make a review. I apologize if it was not allowed to make an honest review of a product I purchased for the platform I love. I believe reviews are very important and if I receive good service or a great product id like other people to know as I work in sales myself and understand how much value they can have for a product or company. Thank you.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,215 Posts
No one requested that I make a review. I apologize if it was not allowed to make an honest review of a product I purchased for the platform I love. I believe reviews are very important and if I receive good service or a great product id like other people to know as I work in sales myself and understand how much value they can have for a product or company. Thank you.
No need to apologize at all. Reviews are absolutely important, I agree 100%, and never said you had done something that wasn't allowed, no need to get so defensive.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,452 Posts
It makes the power that the car is capable of very easy instead of having to kinda push my foot harder than id like to get up to speed. Now i can effortlessly get up to speed or pass them if i have to. I've had a week to fully test everything now and I can easily it was the best move Ive ever made for my car for power. 10/10 and stage 1.5 is just the beginning and I wouldn't think twice about a tune from lap3 by far the best out there.
I know there are many that have upped the boost, but I don't know that the car is capable of sustaining that power as the engines are junk to begin with, and with the added boost it will be interesting to see how everything holds together.
Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
2014 Optima Kia Optima EX GDI
2 Posts
Are there any on here that have had this for an extended period of time. I'd love to make the move on mine as well but I really do need my car to last several years. I would love to hear from anyone who has had this on their car for a while.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,437 Posts
I know there are many that have upped the boost, but I don't know that the car is capable of sustaining that power as the engines are junk to begin with, and with the added boost it will be interesting to see how everything holds together. Good luck and have fun.
These turbos pop at 30psi. Anything under that you are fine. And some people been running boosted tunes for several years now.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,412 Posts
These turbos pop at 30psi. Anything under that you are fine. And some people been running boosted tunes for several years now.
FWIW: I ran with my Stage 1.5+ tune (upper of ~21psi) on many, many occasions and had no ill effects (no thrown/broken rods, no melted pistons, no popped spark plugs, no cracked heads, etc.) with my mods and 93/E10 octane gas (Top Tier).

·
Registered
2012 & 2015 Kia Optima SX & SXL
945 Posts
I know there are many that have upped the boost, but I don't know that the car is capable of sustaining that power as the engines are junk to begin with, and with the added boost it will be interesting to see how everything holds together.
Good luck and have fun.
If you have been following LAP3 facebook page, you will see a ton of vehicles making anywhere from 270-410whp on stock internals, which simply can't be replicated by any company in the world. Granted, LAP3 is the only company that has been making records for the platform since 2011, and still to this day. It's all about proper hardware & tuning to get there. These engines are designed very well. It just needs proper tuning with in-depth experience with the platform to make more power reliably. Many of the LAP3 guys are making well over 300-400WHP, and there's many who have put down well over 100k+ on their original factory engines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts