Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new to the community and was wondering which tune I should get. I have a 2011 optima sx. New motor has almost 30,000 miles. Mods are k&n intake, ksr fmic, occ, full 3" turbo back system. In the future I plan to get w/m injection kit. Which tune would be best for my situation?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David, ordered my lowering springs and shocks/struts combo about a month ago from you guys but haven't installed yet. Jb4 does look very tempting. Just not sure if a piggyback system is sufficient as a actual tuned ecu. I'm really confused.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi! Welcome to the best car in the world! J personally have been a customer of lap3 for a while and I absolutely love it! Unfortunately, I’m selling my car soon, so my lap3 tuning module is for sale. I’d be happy to let it go to you for $350 plus shipping!
Thanks I still haven't made up my mind yet on which route I'm going for the tune. Lap3 is more expensive than both tunes and I'd like to know why. Also the lap3 Bluetooth app is basically a duplicate of jb4's app. If I decide to go lap3 I'll keep you in mind!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can only speak on Lap3, never had experience with jb4 or KSR. I have my dyno sheet posted in my gallery so you can see the power band is pretty smooth (forgot to tell them redline is 7200), the car is running Garrett 3076/WMI/Lap 3 ecu running stage 4.5 tune. As far as anything with the actual tune, for not being a standalone ecu its about as clean as you're going to get in my opinion when running WMI. your local tuner will have to make some fine tune adjustments after you install the ecu. Now i did have a short period of time when the WMI modulator was broken and had to run the Stage 4 tune. I will say that tune felt a bit..rough. There was a big power dip right around 2500-2800 rpm in wot, it would feel a bit boggy followed by a big power jump. It would also run a little rich, it does not run rich with WMI. Also Keep in mind that once these cars start making about 300whp they like to jump left, especially in lower gears if you drive in paddle shift. I would suggest in stickier tires and stiffing up the chassis.
Thanks for your input, I'll take that into consideration. Did you have to do a stroker kit after your turbo upgrade?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts