Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new to the community and was wondering which tune I should get. I have a 2011 optima sx. New motor has almost 30,000 miles. Mods are k&n intake, ksr fmic, occ, full 3" turbo back system. In the future I plan to get w/m injection kit. Which tune would be best for my situation?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,431 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David, ordered my lowering springs and shocks/struts combo about a month ago from you guys but haven't installed yet. Jb4 does look very tempting. Just not sure if a piggyback system is sufficient as a actual tuned ecu. I'm really confused.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,431 Posts
Thanks David, ordered my lowering springs and shocks/struts combo about a month ago from you guys but haven't installed yet. Jb4 does look very tempting. Just not sure if a piggyback system is sufficient as a actual tuned ecu. I'm really confused.
You're welcome and awesome, thank you for your order with us!

Honestly, the JB4 is a fantastic product, and it doesn't provide anything less being a piggyback vs a full ECU tune.

Matter of fact, a piggyback like the JB4 is undetectable by the dealer or the manufacturer once removed, as it does not flash the vehicles computer at all.

I have worked with Terry at BMS (Burger Motorsports) for years now, and him and his team are great when it comes to tuning, or answering any technical questions.

I can assure you that it is more then sufficient for what you have installed. If you were shooting to make over 600hp, I would recommend going with an ECU tune.

However, with the current mods you have now, and what you plan to do with the meth kit, I think this would be a great match for you.

BMS also sells a w/m injection kit that we can invoice you for if you are interested in ordering that as well down the line.

Feel free to reach out anytime if you have questions about the JB4 or any other products we carry.

[email protected]

-David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello new to the community and was wondering which tune I should get. I have a 2011 optima sx. New motor has almost 30,000 miles. Mods are k&n intake, ksr fmic, occ, full 3" turbo back system. In the future I plan to get w/m injection kit. Which tune would be best for my situation?
Hi! Welcome to the best car in the world! J personally have been a customer of lap3 for a while and I absolutely love it! Unfortunately, I’m selling my car soon, so my lap3 tuning module is for sale. I’d be happy to let it go to you for $350 plus shipping!

·
Registered
Kia Optima SX 2012
42 Posts
I recommend the ksr tune, it is the most powerful and safest as well. Also there is a group buy going on right now and will be on sale cheaper than ever before. You can dm my Instagram if you want more details @yellow.k5optima

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi! Welcome to the best car in the world! J personally have been a customer of lap3 for a while and I absolutely love it! Unfortunately, I’m selling my car soon, so my lap3 tuning module is for sale. I’d be happy to let it go to you for $350 plus shipping!
Thanks I still haven't made up my mind yet on which route I'm going for the tune. Lap3 is more expensive than both tunes and I'd like to know why. Also the lap3 Bluetooth app is basically a duplicate of jb4's app. If I decide to go lap3 I'll keep you in mind!

·
Registered
2018 Optima EX, 2019 Stinger GT2 AWD
107 Posts
You're welcome and awesome, thank you for your order with us!

Honestly, the JB4 is a fantastic product, and it doesn't provide anything less being a piggyback vs a full ECU tune.

Matter of fact, a piggyback like the JB4 is undetectable by the dealer or the manufacturer once removed, as it does not flash the vehicles computer at all.

I have worked with Terry at BMS (Burger Motorsports) for years now, and him and his team are great when it comes to tuning, or answering any technical questions.

I can assure you that it is more then sufficient for what you have installed. If you were shooting to make over 600hp, I would recommend going with an ECU tune.

However, with the current mods you have now, and what you plan to do with the meth kit, I think this would be a great match for you.

BMS also sells a w/m injection kit that we can invoice you for if you are interested in ordering that as well down the line.

Feel free to reach out anytime if you have questions about the JB4 or any other products we carry.

[email protected]

-David
I have to agree here. Terry at BMS is a great guy. I had some issues with getting WMI working on my Stinger and I emailed him and he got right back to me and solved my issues.
There is another Stinger forum member that has an ECU tune plus JB4 (for WMI control), and I only run the JB4 with WMI (no ECU tune), and he is faster than me by only 0.030 seconds in the 1/4 mile (his best time is 11.770, mine is 11.8010).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts