Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received my tune and installed it right away on my 2013 SXL! The install process was a breeze because David Chung gave me a step by step walkthrough. We were messaging each other in real time and he took great care of me. Within 10-15 minutes I was all done. You need to upgrade your spark plugs and have an OCC for optimal performance with the tune.

So after I finished the install the difference was immediately obvious. First off with reving while standing still you can hear the turbo spool and the bov blow off. I couldn’t hear this before the tune. Now driving she’s a whole new animal! The throttle response is noticeably improved and the turbo really is working hard among numerous other improvements with the tune. She pulls so hard and with the tc off makes it very fun!

I’d highly recommend grabbing this tune and for $200 or so more than the chip I’d say save and the extra money and wait for the tune! Definitely go with Lap3 for anything not just because of the performance but more importantly (to me) the customer service is outstanding. David Chung is always ready to help and answer questions.

This is a must have mod for immediate and noticeable gains for minimal amount of work. Highly recommend!!

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
1,011 Posts
Interesting . Gonna look into this in the summer. You have any other mods besides tune? What plugs are you running?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts