Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slightly used Lap 3 uncle chip for sale for $300 shipped. Bought brand new back when I had a 2.0T but no longer have that car so I no longer need anymore. As you know they are about $600 brand new and give you a HUGE power increase over stock. I had paired with an aem intake and this thing rips. It currently set to 91 octane mode but you can adjust to 89 or 93 depending on where you live.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL 2.0
9 Posts
Bump to see if anybody is interested.
I'm interested what kind of plugs you used and other necessary upgrades to run the 91 octane option.
Have had my eye on this chip since i purchased my Optima but didn't want to go crazy until i met the requirements to upgrade.
.. Also not to lowball your generous ask but with the upgrades i am doing this weekend i would be able to do $200 if you wanted to get it off of your hands asap.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
197 Posts
You need upgraded plugs. (120$ for the set of them)

And its highly suggested to install an oil catch can. (Or 2)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm interested what kind of plugs you used and other necessary upgrades to run the 91 octane option.
Have had my eye on this chip since i purchased my Optima but didn't want to go crazy until i met the requirements to upgrade.
.. Also not to lowball your generous ask but with the upgrades i am doing this weekend i would be able to do $200 if you wanted to get it off of your hands asap.

Thanks for the reply, you have to run HKS plugs, I got them off the k5optima store where I purchased the LAP3 as well. They recommend an oil catchcan but I never ran one but it’s a good long term investment. I believe you need to have k5 or someone reprogram the LAP3 tune to your specific VIN and is why a lot of us are selling it way below the $589.95 purchase price for just the tune, not even including spark plugs. If you’re still interested I would do for $200, and message me your info to make a deal.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL 2.0
9 Posts
Awesome im actually installing the Add W1 v3.3 catch can this weekend as part of my upgrades so i may have to go ahead and purchase the new plugs soon as well...
Maybe someone from K5 can confirm what you said about reprograming the LAP3 tune to my VIN, but do you prefer Venmo or Cash app??
Appreciate everyone's help and input!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome im actually installing the Add W1 v3.3 catch can this weekend as part of my upgrades so i may have to go ahead and purchase the new plugs soon as well...
Maybe someone from K5 can confirm what you said about reprograming the LAP3 tune to my VIN, but do you prefer Venmo or Cash app??
Appreciate everyone's help and input!
Sounds good man, Venmo works for me and $200 shipped would be the price. Let me know

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Xifer2020 is correct my bad, just looked on their website and it isn’t locked to one vehicle so you’re good on that.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima SXL 2.0
9 Posts
Sounds good man, Venmo works for me and $200 shipped would be the price. Let me know
wanna try and request it from me on Venmo ? it seems there is an issue adding $ to my account at the moment but i should be able to pay a request.
Venmo ID : @Marcus-ONeill-1
Thanks Man! Also do you drive an srt4 now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay I just had my wife request it, she has a Venmo account under Randi. Funny thing, I had a 2004 SRT4 Neon, then a 2008 Caliber SRT4 hence where the name came from. Then I went to a 2014 sonata 2.0T, 2015 Sonata Turbo Sport 2.0T which had the Lap 3 and now I have a 2015 Infiniti Q50 with the 3.7 VQ V6 engine. I kept my srt4yomama though and if you look it up on YouTube you can see my neon hah.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.