Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '12 Optima SX that I bought off of my GF this past winter and I would like to be sure that I have the lifetime short block warranty. Would the KSDS update information be present on owners.kia.com when I type in the vehicle's VIN? I did just that and it said that there were no current recalls on the vehicle.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
I know the Hyundai site has it broken down, recall, updates, etc, but the Kia site, if I remember correctly, is just for recalls, so check with the dealer as the KSDS is an update, not a recall.
Never tried, but probably Kia customer service would give you the info also.

·
Registered
2017 Optima EX
35 Posts
I have a '12 Optima SX that I bought off of my GF this past winter and I would like to be sure that I have the lifetime short block warranty. Would the KSDS update information be present on owners.kia.com when I type in the vehicle's VIN? I did just that and it said that there were no current recalls on the vehicle.
I bought my 2017 a few months ago and called Kia and gave them the vin and got all the info. Found out it has the knock sensor installed and some software. All recalls up to date. Called them a few times and they always answered.
i asked since I just bought my2017and it has the KS installed does that allow me to get a new motor if it blows up and she was not able to tell me definitively it does. She thought it did Lol. So far it’s running very good.
call them and see what they say. Have your in ready.
1-800-333-4542

gold luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A quart of oil every 1,000 miles. They consider that normal use. I have the KSDS update so if it ends up seizing I'll give them a new head to put on the short block. I've seen reman long blocks go for as little as $3K.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
A quart of oil every 1,000 miles. They consider that normal use. I have the KSDS update so if it ends up seizing I'll give them a new head to put on the short block. I've seen reman long blocks go for as little as $3K.
Sell the head as if a warranty replacement, they'll install a long block.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts