Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently everytime I start breaking in my 2015 Optima EX I hear a popping sound coming from under the driver side floor board. Does anyone know what the most likely culprit could be?? The car has 72k miles on it.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Difficult to determine w/o checking, but start with the brake system, pads not loose, caliper sliders loose, not frozen, caliper piston working properly. With only 72k miles I wouldn't suspect LCA bushings or other suspension parts being worn, but the stabilizer end links may be bad, but they would sound off on bumps, not when braking.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Funny tangent--it's funny how in this case an inadvertent typo can completely change the meaning of a sentence. Read the OP's first sentence again and tell me that it can't be read in a different way... ;)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Funny tangent--it's funny how in this case an inadvertent typo can completely change the meaning of a sentence. Read the OP's first sentence again and tell me that it can't be read in a different way... ;)
Guess if there was some music playing!

·
Registered
416 Posts
People just can't spell these days.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Please note that I was not trying to ridicule the OP's spelling ability but rather, trying to find some humor in his/her typo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently everytime I start breaking in my 2015 Optima EX I hear a popping sound coming from under the driver side floor board. Does anyone know what the most likely culprit could be?? The car has 72k miles on it.
I had this at one point on my 2013 Optima EX. I replaced the sway bar ends, the tie rod ends, the ball joints and brake rotors, albeit not at the same time. But, I don't get the sound now and it handles much better. The sway bar ends I think made the most difference. But I would check all the above for wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
websinger
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing