Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently everytime I start breaking in my 2015 Optima EX I hear a popping sound coming from under the driver side floor board. Does anyone know what the most likely culprit could be?? The car has 72k miles on it.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,858 Posts
Difficult to determine w/o checking, but start with the brake system, pads not loose, caliper sliders loose, not frozen, caliper piston working properly. With only 72k miles I wouldn't suspect LCA bushings or other suspension parts being worn, but the stabilizer end links may be bad, but they would sound off on bumps, not when braking.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
661 Posts
Funny tangent--it's funny how in this case an inadvertent typo can completely change the meaning of a sentence. Read the OP's first sentence again and tell me that it can't be read in a different way... ;)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
1,858 Posts
Funny tangent--it's funny how in this case an inadvertent typo can completely change the meaning of a sentence. Read the OP's first sentence again and tell me that it can't be read in a different way... ;)
Guess if there was some music playing!

·
Registered
2013 Optima SWP
436 Posts
People just can't spell these days.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
661 Posts
Please note that I was not trying to ridicule the OP's spelling ability but rather, trying to find some humor in his/her typo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently everytime I start breaking in my 2015 Optima EX I hear a popping sound coming from under the driver side floor board. Does anyone know what the most likely culprit could be?? The car has 72k miles on it.
I had this at one point on my 2013 Optima EX. I replaced the sway bar ends, the tie rod ends, the ball joints and brake rotors, albeit not at the same time. But, I don't get the sound now and it handles much better. The sway bar ends I think made the most difference. But I would check all the above for wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts