Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima Ex
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. My Optima has developed a knocking sound when at a stop when brake applied. It only happens in drive and reverse. When put in neutral or park it goes away. Also if in drive and i put the emergency brake on it goes away. If the emergency brake is on and it is in drive the knock will start again when brake is applied. It only does it after the car has warmed up after driving for an extended period. Car runs and shifts fine and does not make the noise while accelerating... New plugs, oil change and transmission drain and fill...Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmm, have you looked at the CV joints. I have replaced the passenger side front on my optima ex-t twice in the past 95k miles, once at 35k and 85k, the last CV hung up, heard a knocking sound then my mid shaft broke also. Luckily it didn't take out the transmission.

Reactions: OptimaPrime77

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima Ex
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, have you looked at the CV joints. I have replaced the passenger side front on my optima ex-t twice in the past 95k miles, once at 35k and 85k, the last CV hung up, heard a knocking sound then my mid shaft broke also. Luckily it didn't take out the transmission.
Thanks. I will look into the CV's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts