Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I do all my services at tires plus. I got the car back one day and the engine blew the same day. Took it back to tires plus they say kia has a recall on it. Get the car to kia they say it’s product improvement not recall. They send me a bill 7k. I call kia consumer they basically say suck it and pay it. I explained I’ve taken the to Kia since the PI and they didn’t perform it. They still refuse to repair the car. What do I do??

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
322 Posts
So are you saying somehow the software update designed to detect excess rod vibrations was not done and therefore Kia says you're out of luck on repair bill? The update generates a P1326 CEL code, necessary for warranty, see from attachment below.

If so, I believe the language in Kia's agreement with US Feds states the update is required for the agreement to be in enforceable.

From the attachment, "The warranty extension may be denied for “Exceptional Neglect” of the vehicle, which means (a) when the vehicle clearly evidences a lack of maintenance or care for a significant period of time of not less than one (1) year, such that the vehicle appears dilapidated, abandoned, and/or beyond repair unless such lack of maintenance was due to a Loss Event, as defined in the settlement agreement; or (b) where a class member has failed to have the KSDS (“Knock Sensor Detection Software”) installed in the vehicle pursuant to the KSDS Product Improvement Campaign by a Hyundai dealer."

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are you saying somehow the software update designed to detect excess rod vibrations was not done and therefore Kia says you're out of luck on repair bill? The update generates a P1326 CEL code, necessary for warranty, see from attachment below.

If so, I believe the language in Kia's agreement with US Feds states the update is required for the agreement to be in enforceable.

From the attachment, "The warranty extension may be denied for “Exceptional Neglect” of the vehicle, which means (a) when the vehicle clearly evidences a lack of maintenance or care for a significant period of time of not less than one (1) year, such that the vehicle appears dilapidated, abandoned, and/or beyond repair unless such lack of maintenance was due to a Loss Event, as defined in the settlement agreement; or (b) where a class member has failed to have the KSDS (“Knock Sensor Detection Software”) installed in the vehicle pursuant to the KSDS Product Improvement Campaign by a Hyundai dealer."
So you are saying I need to prove all my services and maintenance??

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,145 Posts
I’ve taken the to Kia since the PI and they didn’t perform it.
Maybe start here - can you explain what this means?

Kia has a requirement that you get a software update installed. That's important to know - did you get it installed?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,137 Posts
Hmmm, either OP is not the original owner of his vehicle or perhaps his current mailing address isn't what he originally put down when he bought the vehicle (if he's the original owner)? Of course, there's always the "mail got lost" possibility...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts