Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am putting some Hyundai wheels on my Kia. I've seen a couple other discussions pertaining to the subject but no real resolution on the matter. Unfortunately I cannot post links because my account is brand new.

optimaforums . com/threads/genesis-wheel-help.69937/

hyundai-forums . com/threads/kia-optima-wheel-fitment-on-sonata.144939/

I would really like to put standard Kia center caps on the wheels. If that won't work, which it seems they are slightly different sizes, what would your recommendations be? I've thought about getting a Hyundai center cap and putting some Kia sticker over it but that sounds a bit janky.

Appreciate any thoughts, thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
940 Posts
I know you said you were looking for standard Kia center caps but if you're open to using K-Logo badge center caps, you might want to see if the offering on the K5 Optima Store might suit your fancy; they are ~2 3/8" in diameter and stick perfectly right over the factory Kia center cap (I know because I installed them on my factory Optima wheels) but TBH I don't know if the factory Hyundai center cap is sized similarly.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
I would really like to put standard Kia center caps on the wheels. If that won't work, which it seems they are slightly different sizes, what would your recommendations be? I've thought about getting a Hyundai center cap and putting some Kia sticker over it but that sounds a bit janky.

Appreciate any thoughts, thanks.
I know you said you were looking for standard Kia center caps but if you're open to using K-Logo badge center caps, you might want to see if the offering on the K5 Optima Store might suit your fancy; they are ~2 3/8" in diameter and stick perfectly right over the factory Kia center cap (I know because I installed them on my factory Optima wheels) but TBH I don't know if the factory Hyundai center cap is sized similarly.
This is a good idea and might just work perfectly.

Kia 3.0 K Logo Wheel Cap Emblems - K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's not a bad idea. They are very similarly sized and it would probably work well. I was hoping to find something similar but with the normal Kia logo.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Have these logos ever been used as the actual OEM logo of Kia cars in Korea or anywhere? I thought I read that they were used at one time, then I read that was false. Can you clear this up for me? Thanks.
Well not "these" exact emblems, but the "K" logo originates from Kia's original emblem design used on their vehicles from back in the day.

Here are a few photos of the actual emblems from Kia from the past. Notice the same broken "K" design?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts