Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've recently bought a KIA Optima 2015 SX model with 59k kilometers on it. A few days ago I watched a video on YouTube stating there is a big chance of engine failure for 2011 to 2015 models! Is this true??
Any experience or comment or suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
the answer is yes. see/search my conversation under "2015 Optima SXL Turbo - Hesitation/Almost Stall Even after Sensors Replaced....Fear the worst...Timing Chain Gone Bad"

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,289 Posts
It's a known risk, so Kia extended the warranty coverage. Pretty much you get a free engine replacement if it happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a known risk, so Kia extended the warranty coverage. Pretty much you get a free engine replacement if it happens.
Thank you, and as I said to others it has NO warranty. So now my question is if it happens, what parts need to be replaced? What can I do to prevent this failure to happen in term of changing some parts in advance?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
I've recently bought a KIA Optima 2015 SX model with 59k kilometers on it. A few days ago I watched a video on YouTube stating there is a big chance of engine failure for 2011 to 2015 models! Is this true??
Any experience or comment or suggestions?
Thanks
Well I have a 2015 optima it’s been a great car until it hit 100,000 2 weeks ago it starting knocking the blew a rod bearing engine is seized now Kia saying as of 2 weeks ago no longer warranty any of them so get the recall fixed ASP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Edit: **** I just read where you said you are in the middle east. My situation might not apply, I don't know if it's the same over there. Good luck...

---

You keep saying no warranty well I might have some good news for you. I bought a 2013 Optima about a year ago, didn't a warranty and the mileage on the car was over 100k.

While driving to work about 7-8 months ago, the car started going into limp mode. I didn't realize what was happening, I thought the transmission was failing. Took it to a shop, they said they had bad news and good news. Bad news, engine needed to be replaced. Good news was, the nearest Kia dealer was going to do the engine replacement despite the lack of a warranty. It qualified as a recall if I remember correctly.

So I got a brand new engine on the car I just bought last year that had 118k miles when I bought it! Kia might be earning a lifetime customer...

I don't want to make it seem like you are guaranteed to get a replacement engine, it really depends on the dealership near you. But with those low miles on the car, I'd be surprised if they didn't do the replacement honestly.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,574 Posts
Well I have a 2015 optima it’s been a great car until it hit 100,000 2 weeks ago it starting knocking the blew a rod bearing engine is seized now Kia saying as of 2 weeks ago no longer warranty any of them so get the recall fixed ASP
Don't know where you're located, but in the US, the engine has a lifetime warranty for the "debris" issue and also the dealership must supply or pay for a loaner..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts