Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all hello! This forum has definitely helped me out quite a bit with my 13sxl, but having troubles now, and searching didnt real fi d what I needed. Sorry if this is the wrong spot to ask this as well.

13 sxl I installed remote start p/n 2T056-ADU20 about 6 months ago, and had zero issues up until 2 weeks ago, when I had issues with module 1 fuse that kept popping (Issue solved thanks to you guys.)
Ever since then the car will honk, start, run for about 3 seconds and shut off and try again.

My question is.. anyone else have the same remote start and have the same issues and was able.to solve it? Or does anyone have the installation instructions or any paperwork that came with it as well? Would like to have those on hand as a just to have thing.

If you're familiar with it, ive noticed the module that sits where the steering g column is, doesn't light up, but never noticed it to.do that before.

Thanks in advance everyone!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I am getting one today for my 2012 Optima EX. hard to find much in this like how to install and do you use your factory remote or you get a new one?
It's a pretty simple install. The only troublesome part is trying to fit under the dash to mount the brains and the run the harness to the brake switch. It did come with instructions, I am just not sure what I did with them, and now that I'm having some issues, it would be nice to go back to it and see..

Oh, and it is a separate keyfob. I'm waiting to get this issue fixed before I have my other key programed, so I can ask them if there is anyway rto have the factory fob work.

· Registered
63 Posts
I just came across this as well. I almost thought it was too good to be true. They have them for as low as $11 for the whole remote starter system. How is yours working? You can confirm that part # 2T056ADU20 worked on your optima ? Did you ever figure out how to use your OEM key fob? There’s a member in one of the optima groups on Fb that was able to do so with this starter. How was the install?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts