Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,213 Posts

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,213 Posts
Concerning U-Tune and Cal ID . My car was reflashed and the new Cal Id is TDC0RF3K. Is an update available?
For questions like these, it is best to contact myself through email or UTUNE directly. This is not a UTUNE dedicated thread and therefore these types of questions are better directed to us as the vendor, or UTUNE as the manufacturer.

· Registered
572 Posts
Ecu tunes are the best bang for the buck IMHO. The price for the Utune flash breaks down to about $15/HP&TQ. With the btrcc tune it's about half that for the aggressive 300HP/300TQ tune but you'll need upgraded plugs and two oil catch cans before you get that tune from them. For way less than the price of say an exhaust system you get way more power. Also our ECU's adjust Afr back to stock so it'll take a tune to get the most power from bolt-ons because the ecu flash adjusts the target Afr.

I went with the Utune flash and a k&n drop in air filter and the car pulls way stronger than stock. No plug changes or oil catch cans are required (but would probably help) with the Utune. Easy way to get more power.

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,213 Posts
Ecu tunes are the best bang for the buck IMHO. The price for the Utune flash breaks down to about $15/HP&TQ. With the btrcc tune it's about half that for the aggressive 300HP/300TQ tune but you'll need upgraded plugs and two oil catch cans before you get that tune from them. For way less than the price of say an exhaust system you get way more power. Also our ECU's adjust Afr back to stock so it'll take a tune to get the most power from bolt-ons because the ecu flash adjusts the target Afr.

I went with the Utune flash and a k&n drop in air filter and the car pulls way stronger than stock. No plug changes or oil catch cans are required (but would probably help) with the Utune. Easy way to get more power.
I agree with all of the above.

· Registered
2015 Optima SXL
90 Posts
Probably time to update the data. If I'm reading it right, UTUNE is not offering any tune for model years 2014 or 2015, SFR's have issues, Pross is not in the US, so this leaves BTR and RCCT.

I have a couple of questions. But first let me mention that I have a 2008 Sky Redline that has a Trifecta Performance tune. With only a HF Cat installed I'm getting 340/410 (at the crank). I can hit my cruise button and turn the tune off and on any time I choose (handy when I take it in for service). Also, I installed the tune myself via my laptop. Trifecta sends the tune via e-mail, you download their installtion software from their site, I downloaded it to my laptop, hooked it to my OBDII port, and voila, my redline was tuned in about 15 minutes. It is also totally invisible to the dealer if the ECM is scanned.

So, that all said, I have a 2015 SXL with no mods, and I want to keep it that way, a sleeper, if you will. The 2015 boasts 274 horses stock, what can I expect to gain (hp/tq) by simply installing the tune on all stock components, second, how are these tunes installed, and finally, can it be easily turned off and on?

· Registered
572 Posts
I have the utuNE flash running and it's basically a module that comes preprogrammed with a 91 and 93 octane tune. Hook it up to your obd2 port, sync it, then choose the flash you want to program and it does it in a couple of minutes. The Utune flash is Cal id specific so if they don't have it on file, they don't have your ecu flash available. According to K5 Optima store, Miguel is working on 2014 tunes. So it sounds like your trifecta programmer works similarly but the utune programmer isn't updateable by email or download. I believe the Btrcc can be updated this way. Btrcc is a bit more aggressive with 300hp/300tq numbers, and the Utune puts down about 275hp/275tq but I'm not sure if anyone has actually posted dyno sheets for the utune flash yet.

· Registered
2011 Kia Optima
217 Posts
I'm rather undecided between the U-tune and the BTR tune. On one hand the utune seems to play things safer but would really enjoy the ~300hp to the wheels from BTR. Tough decision

· Registered
2011 Kia Optima
106 Posts
I'm rather undecided between the U-tune and the BTR tune. On one hand the utune seems to play things safer but would really enjoy the ~300hp to the wheels from BTR. Tough decision
I've been leaning towards Utune for a while now and only because I don't plan to go much further beyond what it offers. BTR seems like it's the best to get if you want a lot of power though. Future plans for myself is a project car and keep this as a daily sleeper.

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,213 Posts
It is a tough decision. Gotta go with what works best for you. Let us know if you have any questions we can help with.

I've been leaning towards Utune for a while now and only because I don't plan to go much further beyond what it offers. BTR seems like it's the best to get if you want a lot of power though. Future plans for myself is a project car and keep this as a daily sleeper.
If it helps you lean over more this way, we will be running a special discount on the UTUNE programmers for forum members here for the rest of the month. Anyone interested can send us an email to [email protected] for more details.

· Registered
2011 Kia Optima
217 Posts
Sales help make the decision easier lol I want to keep the car reliable seeing as though its my daily driver. Will be in touch with some follow up questions soon enough David.

· Registered
2011 Kia Optima
106 Posts
If it helps you lean over more this way, we will be running a special discount on the UTUNE programmers for forum members here for the rest of the month. Anyone interested can send us an email to [email protected] for more details.
****, I can't do anything until June, I'm getting married in a month. I was lucky enough to squeeze in the small stuff I've bought from you. Lol. You will definitely hear from me once I'm ready! :D

· Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
29,213 Posts
****, I can't do anything until June, I'm getting married in a month. I was lucky enough to squeeze in the small stuff I've bought from you. Lol. You will definitely hear from me once I'm ready! :D
Oh nice, congrats on getting married in a month. I will still take care of you when the time comes. Look forward to it. :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts