Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
172 Posts
Was wondering if this would fit in the 2014-15. My luck it wont lol. Have always liked the look of the sliding door over the cup holders!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Was wondering if this would fit in the 2014-15. My luck it wont lol. Have always liked the look of the sliding door over the cup holders!
Actually, we have not yet confirmed it does not fit. Just haven't confirmed it does either.

Quick and easy way to know for sure though, call your dealership's parts department and have them check the part number of the 11-13 center console and the 14-15 center console.

If they both are the same part numbers, than this Korean Center Console is compatible on both body styles. If you call to look into it, please let me know what you find.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How much smaller are the cup holders? Can it fit a medium sized ice coffee from dunkin donuts, or better yet whats the biggest size drink/bottle/cup that will fit?
They're pretty small. I would say the same size as a Red Bull can. Maybe a tad bit larger in diameter.

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
850 Posts
Ahh ok darn, let me know the exact size, and I can check today, since I have the Korean cupholders here in stock to measure.
Okay sweet. About 10” at its fattest point and about 9” inches towards the middle of the cup. I measured using a tape measure and just wrapping it around the cup. Let me know if you need me to measure it differently.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Okay sweet. About 10” at its fattest point and about 9” inches towards the middle of the cup. I measured using a tape measure and just wrapping it around the cup. Let me know if you need me to measure it differently.
You would just need to measure a straight line from one end to the other end. I just measured them, and they are about 2" in length, maybe a hairpin larger.

·
Registered
2015 KIA Optima
850 Posts
You would just need to measure a straight line from one end to the other end. I just measured them, and they are about 2" in length, maybe a hairpin larger.
Gotcha, Hmm still seems too small. Ill just check it out when I go to your store again if thats fine with you. Thanks for the help!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Gotcha, Hmm still seems too small. Ill just check it out when I go to your store again if thats fine with you. Thanks for the help!
Might be, yeah sounds great! Nah I don't mind at all, it's always nice seeing you stop by, plus we need to get a video of that trunk in action. ;)

You're very welcome.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This looks nice, but will it fit a '13 LX? I don't have the central vents in the rear of my console, so would I end up with vents that go nowhere?
This will fit a 2013 Optima LX no problem.

I'm a little confused as to what you mean. Is there a picture of this center console tray showing vents in the back of it?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I think he means that his center console didnt come with rear air condition vents.

I got it, but this is why I was confused....

That is correct. That is exactly what I'm saying and asking. If I add in this console, will I gain a new set of (working) vents?
The Korea center console doesn't replace this part, just the part in front of it. This actually bolts right up to the new part.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 40 Posts