Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is proud to introduce the:

The Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata Injen Intake System

(BUY NOW)

Description:

Whether you have a 2.0L turbo engine or 2.4L naturally aspirated engine, we have you covered.
This intake will replace your stock airbox, air filter and intake tube.

This in turn gives you more power, more sound, & increased acceleration.
Available in polished chrome finish or powder coated black.

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2015 Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata 2.0 Turbo engines
2011-2014 Kia Optima & 2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L engine
Installation Instructions: FOUND HERE

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got mine installed and having fun. Thanks David!!! Notice the Ultra Racing Strut Bar ;)

View attachment 147210
Thank you for placing your order with us, also for posting a picture. Very nice! We soon will be offering the Ultra racing strut bars in different colors anodized directly from a company local here in the area.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
8 Posts
Just ordered mine and can't wait to get it installed. I'm almost past the break in period so might as well celebrate by installing an intake! Thanks David for the fast processing and getting it shipped out.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just ordered mine and can't wait to get it installed. I'm almost past the break in period so might as well celebrate by installing an intake! Thanks David for the fast processing and getting it shipped out.
Thank you very much for placing an order with us. You're very welcome. Please post up some pics once you get it installed. :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
360 Posts
Just placed my order for this system and as usual... Customer service is top notch. Thanks again K5OS for providing the community withi these aftermarket pieces.

Always a pleasure working with you .

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just placed my order for this system and as usual... Customer service is top notch. Thanks again K5OS for providing the community with these aftermarket pieces.

Always a pleasure working with you .
Stan, thank you for your order with us! Let's see some pics of it installed!!!

·
Registered
2013 Optmia Kia Optmia EX 2013
13 Posts
Just ordered my Injen CAI for my 2013 EX (2.4L) from David today. CANT WAIT!!!! He was super helpful and answered all of my questions. Looking forward to the growl!!! Thanks again David! :cool:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just ordered my Injen CAI for my 2013 EX (2.4L) from David today. CANT WAIT!!!! He was super helpful and answered all of my questions. Looking forward to the growl!!! Thanks again David! :cool:
Thank you for your order Jerehmy!

Here is a pic all installed, took less than 30 minutes! Love love love it!!!! Sounds great and added a little zip too. Added a little clip j will post another video that shows a 0-60 later today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5YtuHwM58A
Nice, glad you got it installed so quickly. Looking forward to the 0-60 video!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Order has been placed. Now I anxiously wait. I am very curious how it will sound.

Thanks for the quick replies David. Made the purchasing go smooth. Cheers

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Order has been placed. Now I anxiously wait. I am very curious how it will sound.

Thanks for the quick replies David. Made the purchasing go smooth. Cheers
Thank you for placing your order with us.

You are very welcome, please post how you like the intake once installed. ;)

·
Registered
2015 Optima 2015 Kia Optima SX Turbo
7 Posts
Mine is offically on the way! First of many mods to come! Thanks David for the help and I def look forward to working with you again!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine is on the way :) Can't wait for the sound, missed that on my current car
Mine is offically on the way! First of many mods to come! Thanks David for the help and I def look forward to working with you again!
Thank you both for your orders with us. Definitely look forward to working with both of you in the future.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Installed the intake this morning, biggest pita was the 2nd soft connection, took forever!
Protip: when removing the stock intake, instead of using a screwdriver for the bottom screw (by the turbo) use a small wrench. Much easier!
Question here: when I gun it, the intake makes more of a whoosh sound, with a bit of whistling rather than what I normally hear from such intakes.
I was expecting more of a roary, deep noise, instead I get something that sounds a bit like sticking a vacuum cleaner pipe in a corner.
Is this normal for this intake? My concern is that there could be an air leak. I triple checked and I believe everything is connected solid, should have no leaks but still the sound is not what I have heard on my other cars.
Made a few videos, very hard to hear with the wind, I believe video #3 is where you can hear it best:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6r37nmeokpbgebg/AACd8Ty2Gy7F8NsU-p7LaDrja?dl=0

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,456 Posts
Installed the intake this morning, biggest pita was the 2nd soft connection, took forever!
Protip: when removing the stock intake, instead of using a screwdriver for the bottom screw (by the turbo) use a small wrench. Much easier!
Question here: when I gun it, the intake makes more of a whoosh sound, with a bit of whistling rather than what I normally hear from such intakes.
I was expecting more of a roary, deep noise, instead I get something that sounds a bit like sticking a vacuum cleaner pipe in a corner.
Is this normal for this intake? My concern is that there could be an air leak. I triple checked and I believe everything is connected solid, should have no leaks but still the sound is not what I have heard on my other cars.
Made a few videos, very hard to hear with the wind, I believe video #3 is where you can hear it best:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6r37nmeokpbgebg/AACd8Ty2Gy7F8NsU-p7LaDrja?dl=0
Assuming you don't have any air-leaks (you checked), that's pretty normal for any SRI (K&N, InJen). When I gun mine, I also get and can hear what seems to me to be a turbulent airflow buffeting sound in the 3K~4K RPM range at the intake which goes away after that (i.e., "smooths out"). That also seems normal as well. This sound is NOT "turbo surge". I'd also recommend that you reset your ECU by doing the battery ground disconnect for 10 minutes or so. The car needs to adjust to the new setup and your driving with the new SRI installed and this will help facilitate that. Enjoy!

Reactions: purple starfish

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
63 Posts
Installed mine the other day, and mine does the exact same. Wasn't quite the sound I was expecting based on what I had read. Not complaining though, I actually kind of like it.

Reactions: purple starfish
1 - 20 of 37 Posts