Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima Optima
1,333 Posts
Thank you Paul and Dave! Fast shipping, awesome sound plate, sorry for poor picture quality I need to clean up my BOV! Less then 10 minutes to install! In love with the results of this !

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Thank you Paul and Dave! Fast shipping, awesome sound plate, sorry for poor picture quality I need to clean up my BOV! Less then 10 minutes to install! In love with the results of this !
You're very welcome. Thank you for your continuous business with us, and thanks for posting a pic for others to see as well.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima Optima
1,333 Posts
I'd say the sound plate sounds a lot better after I put the breather there lol, nothing to do with mileage or anything, looks and sound mostly. But it's just a simple mod, appearance wise also.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima SX T-GDI Korean Model
1,456 Posts
Sound plate would not have any added gains in power, this is purely sound upgrade. It's def worth it.

But if you want performance, get the Synapse from David or HKS. I prefer synapse.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Updated pics K5OS sound plate, the sound is just addicting!!!
Look great! Thank you for posting pics.

It's because he removed the BOV recirc hose. He plugged up the inlet on the intake. Then added a filter on the BOV, lets it vent to atmos.
Common mod.
Yep!

I'd say the sound plate sounds a lot better after I put the breather there lol, nothing to do with mileage or anything, looks and sound mostly. But it's just a simple mod, appearance wise also.
Exactly!

Sound plate would not have any added gains in power, this is purely sound upgrade. It's def worth it.

But if you want performance, get the Synapse from David or HKS. I prefer synapse.
Right, I think he was asking about if the filter added any power gains or what not. However the sound plate mod in whole does not make any power at all and is purely for sound and aesthetics.

·
Registered
2016 Optima GT Kia Optima GT
74 Posts
Purchased the BOV sound plate for my 2016 GT - 2.0l Turbo
Thanks to David at K5OS for hooking me up.

It's a straight forward installation, but I opted to add some split washers too as the factory bolts have them.
Very happy with the quality and the sound.

Here are photos of the BOV installed:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Purchased the BOV sound plate for my 2016 GT - 2.0l Turbo
Thanks to David at K5OS for hooking me up.

It's a straight forward installation, but I opted to add some split washers too as the factory bolts have them.
Very happy with the quality and the sound.

Here are photos of the BOV installed:

Thank you for your order with us, and for posting up some pics here as well!

·
Registered
2016 Optima Optima SXL
73 Posts
Lol can I meet up with u to see it ? I was interested in buying it but idk if it's my cup of tea or not i feel like it would take away from the car's luxurious feel?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
54 Posts
Take away luxurious feel lmao?
Negative just like meeting up is all I can say.
I might have considered this before u crapped on my gdi issue post.
Anyways, this forum has all the info you need and some cool people 2.
Good luck with your car.
Thanks again K5 store.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,676 Posts
Easy install and sounds great thanks for the help K5!
Awesome, glad to hear it. You are very welcome! Thank you again for your business with us.

I was interested in buying it but idk if it's my cup of tea or not i feel like it would take away from the car's luxurious feel?
It definitely does not affect the vehicles "luxurious feel" whatsoever. This is because, you will only hear the sound from the blowoff valve sound plate, when you intentionally give the vehicle gas from pressing the accelerator and then quickly let off. Meaning, you will not hear any sound whatsoever unless you intentionally attempt to create the sound. While driving around regularly, you would never even know that the product was installed, or hear anything at all.

Take away luxurious feel lmao?
Negative just like meeting up is all I can say.
I might have considered this before u crapped on my gdi issue post.
Anyways, this forum has all the info you need and some cool people 2.
Good luck with your car.
Thanks again K5 store.
You are welcome.

Crap on your gdi issue ? Lol jeeze pull out ur tampon dude, #truthhurts.
Please try and remain civil on the forum when communicating with other members. We are all part of the same community and share the same/similar interests at the end of the day. :eek:ccasion14:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts