Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,804 Posts

Is proud to present another great product!

Kia Optima/ Hyundai Sonata BOV Sound Plate

(BUY NOW)

Description:

This anodized Billet BOV Sound Plate allows you to vent your stock blow off valve to atmosphere to create that unique blow off valve sound.
Not only do you get that great BOV sound but also add a touch of color & style to your engine bay.
All hardware and O-rings included for a simple installation.

Specifications:

CNC machined 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum
Hard Anodized Billet Aluminum
Now available in 5 different color options
Direct Fitment - Installs in under 20 minutes
Does not void your warranty

Package Contents:

BOV Sounds Plate
All hardware for install
Required O-rings

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2019 Kia Optima (2.0T motor only)
2011-2019 Hyundai Sonata (2.0T motor only)
2010-2014 Hyundai Genesis (2.0T motor only)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
I guess I'll be the first to see if it fits on a 2015 sonata :)
Yes sir you will. We will have all 4 colors back in stock as of tomorrow as well. Remember if you have any fitment issues, we'd gladly take the product back from you for a full refund. As long as it is still in new, unused condition.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Will I have to get longer bolts to install the plate.
Hey, glad to see you back on the forum again. Where have you been, and how's the CF hood treating you?

No you will not need to get longer bolts, this includes the new bolts with the adaptor plate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does the "mouth" part line up correctly on these? Unlike the eBay ones?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you for your order with us. Did you install it yet on your ride? Post up some pics when you get a chance.
Threw it on Monday the day it came! And I ordered it Thursday evening last week, came plenty fast for my liking...It sounds awesome, and much more wallet friendly than a bov, especially when I have my first little optima fan(3 week old baby girl) at home.
Now let me see if I can upload a few pics I snapped...

·
Registered
20 Posts
The sound plate waiting to go in...to anyone wondering, the side shown with two circular seals faces up...and the "mouth" and everything else lines up perfectly fine.
And those are the three longer bolts that come with it chillin' on the strut tower.

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Threw it on Monday the day it came! And I ordered it Thursday evening last week, came plenty fast for my liking...It sounds awesome, and much more wallet friendly than a bov, especially when I have my first little optima fan(3 week old baby girl) at home.
Now let me see if I can upload a few pics I snapped...
Installed
The sound plate waiting to go in...to anyone wondering, the side shown with two circular seals faces up...and the "mouth" and everything else lines up perfectly fine.
And those are the three longer bolts that come with it chillin' on the strut tower.
Thank you very much for your order with us and also for posting pictures in this thread as well.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
76 Posts
Anyone thinking about getting a BOV should def consider this option. I have one and many people think it's your typical BOV under the hood. The quality is top notch and the sound is amazing. (remember people if the car is automatic you have to take your foot off the gas) But pairing this with my K&N intake, and CX racing catback it explodes! 11198738_10204149887295075_894243616_n.jpg

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Anyone thinking about getting a BOV should def consider this option. I have one and many people think it's your typical BOV under the hood. The quality is top notch and the sound is amazing. (remember people if the car is automatic you have to take your foot off the gas) But pairing this with my K&N intake, and CX racing catback it explodes! View attachment 158082
Thanks Matt. I think this a great mod to install as it only takes about 10-15 minutes and you can hear the results within minutes.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima (Snow White Pearl)
135 Posts
Thanks again to David @ K5OS - This little plate looks and sounds great! The video really doesn't do it justice, but it sounds pretty amazing when stomping on it while getting onto the freeway.

Video Link:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts