Kia Optima Forums banner

721 - 728 of 728 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
I was going to cut the wire but then in the youtube videos I thought it said you don't need to.
I'm looking at the wiring in my door and I seem to have two white cables and two grey? I have a Korean built 2012 model.

How ow do I know which wire I use ?
I apologize I am just now seeing this post. For some reason we are not getting our normal email notifications in response to these posts made in our thread.

Nowhere in OUR YouTube video do we say you don't need to tap into the lock/unlock wire. That is how the module knows when to fold in or out the mirrors.

If you have not figured out which wire to tap into, please give us a call here and we would be happy to walk you through it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What did others use/recommend to use for tapping the wires for this module? I bought this thinking it was completely plug and play, but then realized some wiring was needed. I have some experience with it, but a bit nervous about tapping some of the wires in the car.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #723
What did others use/recommend to use for tapping the wires for this module? I bought this thinking it was completely plug and play, but then realized some wiring was needed. I have some experience with it, but a bit nervous about tapping some of the wires in the car.
Even though I would not recommend others do this, I used electric tape on my own Optima when doing the installation. It's extremely simple to do the wiring as you are just tapping into two small wires which are low-voltage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had electrical tape holding my passenger side view mirror on.... couldn't wait to order these. Also picked up a few other goodies today... already have the tracking number....Thank you for such good service !!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #728
721 - 728 of 728 Posts