Kia Optima Forums banner

681 - 700 of 728 Posts

·
11/2015 ROTM
871 Posts
I've installed 2 already, fairly easy to do. Im gona install it for the 3rd time and its finally for my car!
Just bought one. Only $65 people! and don't forget fast shipping! :thumbsup:

·
2014 ROTY
2,575 Posts
I got mine on Saturday. I haven't installed it yet because I was still trying to find some posi-taps locally. No luck so I'll either so I'll either end up using quick splices or waiting. Time to check amazon.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Finally got around to installing these on Saturday. This is a really easy mod to complete. The hardest part is getting the door panel off. I think I broke like 3 of the clips pulling the panel off, it just didn't want to come off!

After that, the wiring was easy, only needed 2 quick splices, and find a spot to stick the module to the panel.

I have to keep stopping myself from pushing the button in the car to pull my mirrors in. Old habits :)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
I got mine on Saturday. I haven't installed it yet because I was still trying to find some posi-taps locally. No luck so I'll either so I'll either end up using quick splices or waiting. Time to check amazon.
Glad to hear you got it so fast! Good luck with the installation. ;)

Finally got around to installing these on Saturday. This is a really easy mod to complete. The hardest part is getting the door panel off. I think I broke like 3 of the clips pulling the panel off, it just didn't want to come off!

After that, the wiring was easy, only needed 2 quick splices, and find a spot to stick the module to the panel.

I have to keep stopping myself from pushing the button in the car to pull my mirrors in. Old habits :)
Awesome glad you got it installed. I agree the hardest part is pulling off the door panel. I did the same thing for a few months after as well. lol

Just placed my order. Looking forward to doing this mod.
Thank you for your order. Just went out in this mornings mail. :thumbsup:

·
2014 ROTY
2,575 Posts
Well I got it installed, was really easy but I did learn that the 13 door panels do not come off the same as they did on my 11 LX and ended up breaking 3/4 of the clips. Glad they are cheap to replace. Cost me $10 maybe...lol

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
Well I got it installed, was really easy but I did learn that the 13 door panels do not come off the same as they did on my 11 LX and ended up breaking 3/4 of the clips. Glad they are cheap to replace. Cost me $10 maybe...lol
Glad you were able to get it installed. Interesting, the door panel removal was the same for me on all 2011- 2013 models. Either way glad you got it in! ;)

·
05/2014 ROTM
648 Posts
payment sent!!!! thanks a bunch another mod coming right up!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
:thumbsup: I forsee an order taking place if I can find something else to buy other than the 80w Free Fogs that wont break the bank!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered Wednesday installed Friday. Worth every penny. Thanks David!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Even the better half still loves this MOD after it taking me at least a month to convince her to let me install it...

Just last week when she went outside for work Saturday Morning I got the following text "My Mirrors were down, forgot to lock KiKi!! :( "

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
Even the better half still loves this MOD after it taking me at least a month to convince her to let me install it...

Just last week when she went outside for work Saturday Morning I got the following text "My Mirrors were down, forgot to lock KiKi!! :( "
Awesome, glad she enjoys the mod. I know you were really concerned that she may not like it, so it's good to hear that she's happy with it in the end.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Eric I got my Mod today and installed in like 30 mins love it!!! Also I got the new module and DIY video was for old, even though it was easier to figure out and much better update to the model. Thanks again.

681 - 700 of 728 Posts