Kia Optima Forums banner

Kia Optima 2018 Exhaust Modifications:

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  K5 Optima Store 
#1 ·
I absolutely love my optima! It’s a 2018 SXL and I love the quickness of the car and the sleek design. I was planning on making it a little quicker and maybe even a bit louder. I plan to eventually put in an intake and a new exhaust system. Anyone have any recommendations on exhaust system?

#2 ·
Hate to burst your bubble but doing these things may be a bit difficult. Your dealing with an engine that is computer controlled and those things will have a big affect on it. Not sure if different EPROMs are available or if the computer can be reprogrammed for these upgrade? I miss the old days when we could just put Cherry Bombs on our cars :LOL:

#3 · (Edited)
Yeah I do realize that computers have become a big part in controlling our modern cars, and reprogramming a computer is not a task that frightens me. I have quite a bit of computer programming in my background, so I don’t mind learning a new programming language or even a new software to help reprogram the ECU or Transmission Computer Unit. I also know that a tune (reprogramming the computer) is a must if I am going to start messing with the amount of air entering and exiting the engine. Thanks for the caution though 👍🏻

#5 ·
Welcome to the Optima Forums & congrats on getting your 2018 Optima SX-L.

When it comes to making the car quicker, we have just what you need/want in store here.

For starters, take a look at our LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune on the website. (Read some of the 160+ 5 Star Reviews)

This product makes up to 50hp on 93 octane, and only requires you to upgrade the factory spark plugs when installing.

We also have the Kia & Hyundai Magnaflow Catback Exhaust - K5 Optima Store available on our website as well.

Feel free to checkout the site and let us know if you have any questions we can help with.

-David
K5 Optima Store

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.