Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys

My Optima has 34.000 Miles and need to get engine oil changed.
Can you please recommend me which oil to use ?
Previously, I've filled it with Total Quartz HKS G-310 5W-30 and it seems that engine got more noise than before.
Thinking about, Mobil1 X1 5W-30.

Please share your thought

Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,396 Posts
Use any 5W-30, SN+, dexos certified and you'll be good to go. Inexpensice Costco or Walmart Super Tech synthetic fits those categories. No sense going wild, and no type of maintenance/service will save the engine if it's one that decides to seize.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use any 5W-30, SN+, dexos certified and you'll be good to go. Inexpensice Costco or Walmart Super Tech synthetic fits those categories. No sense going wild, and no type of maintenance/service will save the engine if it's one that decides to seize.
thanks for your reply. I found this engine oil, but this is ACEA C3, while KIA manual says ACEA A5/B5 or above
what do you think ?
IMG_6704.JPG

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
594 Posts
TSB 076 Sept 2015 States -- ACEA A3 (or above) -- is approved; The C3 is new to me but THAT would fall in the "A3 or above" part of the TSB.
The TSB shows for -- Turbo -- I'm assuming 2.4 shows A3 But since Turbo didn't this TSB resulted from that.
YOU (GDI-T) ought to state your Year, Model, Engine in your Signature as answers can Change per That data. Your Title here shows it but it will help later........

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,396 Posts
Not certain as to where your located, but in US, as I stated above, SN+, dexos certified, far exceeds the Kia recommendation, but being a C3 I see no problem as long as the oil change isn't an extended interval.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you both for your advice ! Will go for the oil mentioned above.

Many thanks

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
102 Posts
thank you both for your advice ! Will go for the oil mentioned above.

Many thanks
Best oil (quietest too) for that engine is 5w40 synthetic. Look for SP / Dexos 2 certifications for best results.
Can't find either one?...... buy SN Plus 5w40, until more offerings in SP reach store shelves.

·
Registered
2017 Optima EX
40 Posts
I love Redline Motor oil it’s one of the best oils on the market and has a Zddp pack that really quiets the engine Down and greatly reduces wear. The 5-30 is basically a 40 weight at operating temp. Try it you will feel the difference in the engine. My 2017 Optima 2.4 engine runs good with it. Google it for reviews.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,396 Posts
I love Redline Motor oil it’s one of the best oils on the market and has a Zddp pack that really quiets the engine Down and greatly reduces wear. The 5-30 is basically a 40 weight at operating temp. Try it you will feel the difference in the engine. My 2017 Optima 2.4 engine runs good with it. Google it for reviews.
I use RedLine drive train products, not with the Kia, but as oil is very subjective, only thing I can say is that at $10+ p/qt, it's a waste of money. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong product, just my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts