Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 2014 Kia Optima and I noticed a small red wire was visible underneath the car near the wheel well on the driver's side. I also noticed that a small plate underneath the car on that side was somewhat hanging off. It didn't seem to be the larger splash shield that covers the whole engine just a small piece that seemed to come loose. I attached a picture, I am not sure if these are related or if either is an issue, but I would appreciate any input. Thank you.

0609211318a.jpg
0609211318.jpg

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,145 Posts
It would be helpful to see a picture of where the wire enters the car. Can you put your phone lower, to take a picture upward to better show the wire?

One possibility, is the wire doesn't belong to your car, and is road debris or part of something that got stuck under there when the damage to the plate happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be helpful to see a picture of where the wire enters the car. Can you put your phone lower, to take a picture upward to better show the wire?

One possibility, is the wire doesn't belong to your car, and is road debris or part of something that got stuck under there when the damage to the plate happened.
Here is a picture showing the wheel where the wire is visible.

0609211318.jpg

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,145 Posts
Is that the front or rear driver's side wheel?

I cannot tell how the wire enters the car. If you hold the wire, can you slide it into or out of the car at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that the front or rear driver's side wheel?

I cannot tell how the wire enters the car. If you hold the wire, can you slide it into or out of the car at all?
It is the front driver's side wheel area. I am able to slide it up and down through the space it is in. I didn't try and take it out completely. I tried to take another angle in the picture below.
0609211644.jpg

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
322 Posts
Hot wire to fog light? Something probably does not work as a result of this loose wire.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hot wire to fog light? Something probably does not work as a result of this loose wire.....
I drove the car around for a little while and didn't notice anything that wasn't working. It was sunny so I didn't test the fog lights though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts