Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I have a 2013 Kia Optima. The car has an original navigator, reversing camera and automatic air conditioning. I want to replace the original unit with an android unit (12.1 "unit).

I would like to know the location of the reversing camera connector on the original unit so I know where the reversing camera is connected? The new unit does not have a similar connector, but I would like to get the original reversing camera to work. Attached are pictures of the original unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I already have a new unit waiting to be installed. I live in Europe, Finland, so the car is a model for the European market.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,191 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your question, but can you give more information about the Android unit, what brand and model?

·
Registered
2015 SX-T SWP, 2012 EX, Spicy Red
73 Posts
Its proprietary. If you are installing an aftermarket stereo you have to buy a new camera with standard RCA yellow (for video :<) jack for your aftermarket unit. I just tackled this on my 2015 Sx turbo with the infinity small screen Microsoft uvo thing. It was like a punch in the face having a 4" TOUCHSCREEN on the factory unit. So I put an Alpine head unit in and there WAS NO ADAPTER for the Kia backup camera. In hindsight it would have been a lot cheaper to just swap out the small screen unit with the full scree used one for $269-299 on ebay....also, these head units use 10 ohm door speakers. If you leave the factory head unit in, a nd replace all the foor as pester with kickers and 4 channel amps plus a kicker mono sub amp.... the door speakers will fart like crazy. Wrong ohm system combinations = crap sound. I have a 2012 ex and a 2015 that I am doing the RIGHT way.....taking everything out, and starting over with all 4 ohm door speakers with 4 ohm smps and selectable kicker 800 watt rms x1 ohm that I will run in 2 ohm 600watt mode into my rockford fosgate ds1 *single coil vented subs rated at 500 watts rms @2 ohms...but known to handle 600 rms as long as the gain and bass boost are set up right. Dash speakers are powered by head unit, door dealers by piggy back alpine 50 watt rms x4ohms x4 into kicker 6.75" 75 watt rms DS speakers

MY INSTALLER IS IN ****!!! BUT I am doing my 2015 sx t RIGHT. LOL

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Attached are pictures of the new unit. The unit is Tesla style 12.1 ".

I already installed the unit in the car once, but the unit did not make any sound at all. My car has Infinity sound. I replaced the original unit back in the car.

The seller will send new cables as well as a canbus decoder. When I get these, I will try again.

In the meantime, I need to order a usb adapter in order to use the original usb port.

The last picture shows a new unit installed in a car.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To get the reversing camera connected to the new unit, do I need to install an accessory camera with a yellow cable?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts