Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Optima 2012 Optima
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I can post this question yet as I'm new.

Hello, Has anyone had problems with their Kia push Button not starting the car? I have and it has stranded me on a few occasions. Most times if I wait 10-15 min. it seems to reset and I can then be on my way. I notice the brake pedal remains hard when it does this. So, a few days ago I was again stranded in a Walmart parking lot at night. I decided to get it towed the next day. I arrived and car started, and I drove it to the dealer. I've had it into the dealer before and unless it does it for them they cannot help me. So, when I arrived at Kia service center it again would not start for the service guy. He tried testing the battery (battery was good) he tried jump starting it without no luck. Then he called 3 mechanics to push it back into the garage (this time it started again). )It's hard to diagnosis it when it acts up intermittently and not at the dealers).They ended up replacing the transmission rangle switch (I cannot even find that part online, unless someone spelled it wrong on the service order). Has anyone had this issue before? I hope this fixes it for good. I've seen other posts saying they had the brake switch replaced.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima HYBRID
3,606 Posts
First of all, welcome tot he forums :hi:

I also have a 2012 model optima but a hybrid, after 2yrs i think of owning the car i had the same problem i guess, after all the diagnosed they did i never heard that "rangle switch" you mentioned, my dealership told me that the Push Start Key thing coudnt detect my Key, so they replaced it and works fine until now.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
57 Posts
I have had it happen on other cars that the brake sensor switch on the peddle failed and would not allow you to start it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the FIX for a 2013 Kia Optima Automatic Transmission Shift Position Sensor SwitchPart Number: 4270026000 Also known as a Inhibitor Sensor. Quick and easy fix. The video is Hyundai Elantra 10-13 neutral safety switch (range inhibitor) intermittent starting issue SOLVED!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are replacing on the Optima it is located under the battery and you have to remove the base and the engine air filter compartment to locate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts