Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
187 Posts
cool! thank you! I put my order in on black friday. hope to see it soon!!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I got my 5050 DRL's from K5OS last year for my 2013 and can't be more happier and satisfied they are worth the extra money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting this pic Hank! Your ride looks sick and the lighting is very nicely done! I also think the 5050 upgrade is worth the extra money as well.

cool! thank you! I put my order in on black friday. hope to see it soon!!!
You're very welcome. I just packaged up your order and sent you the tracking info through email. It will be shipping out today so you'll have them tomorrow or Monday! :cool:

Thank you for hanging in there while we got caught up to your order.

thanks david for getting me those DRL's so quick! now to get them installed!
You're very welcome and thank you for your order with us!

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,455 Posts
You two are silly!! :poke:

There is no special wiring or connectors that are needed. Your vehicle did not come pre-wired for daytime running lights, therefore there is no connector plug they would connect in to. You simply cut off the end of the connector plug that you receive in the package from us with the DRL's, and wire the power wire to the ignition fuse and the ground wire to a ground point on the vehicle. This way when you turn the vehicles ignition on, the lights will come on, when you turn the vehicle ignition off, they will turn off. Otherwise you could connect them to come on with a switch inside the cabin if you prefer.
I've ordered the K5OS 80W white fog lights as my upgrade and because I'm "thrifty", and I'll wire up the fog lights to act like DRLs and just be ON all the time like you described. I'll see just how hot the housing gets with these installed first before I do that mod just to be sure I don't have any issue with melting the fog light housing with the "more power" LED lights.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I've ordered the K5OS 80W white fog lights as my upgrade and because I'm "thrifty", and I'll wire up the fog lights to act like DRLs and just be ON all the time like you described. I'll see just how hot the housing gets with these installed first before I do that mod just to be sure I don't have any issue with melting the fog light housing with the "more power" LED lights.
Sounds like a plan, let us know how it turns out.

thanks for the help!
You're very welcome and that's what we're here for, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out. ;)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
187 Posts
just put mine in and love them! great stuff david...now all i need is the one way LED fender vents and my life is complete,,,,to a certain degree...

IMAG0336.jpg

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
just put mine in and love them! great stuff david...now all i need is the one way LED fender vents and my life is complete,,,,to a certain degree...

View attachment 188377
Thank you for your order with us!!! Those sure look nice!!

We have (1) set of single LED side fender vents in stock at this time if you want it. I can offer you a great deal on them.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima LX
110 Posts
Hi

Do you guys sell just the LED itself?
I need to replace my drivers side, the OEM socket got loose and now it shorted due to water inside my LED :(

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hi

Do you guys sell just the LED itself?
I need to replace my drivers side, the OEM socket got loose and now it shorted due to water inside my LED :(
Hello there, we do not sell just the LED DRL's without the housings included. They are OEM parts and come with everything included as a package.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
41 - 53 of 53 Posts