Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
just got these! I can't wait to wire them up with the 5050 led mod!

I see theres a few harnesses included will these be 100% plug and play?
Thank you for your order Lou.

No our cars are not wired up for DRLs. Therefore you'll need to wire these up to your ignition, or a switch if you prefer.

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima
236 Posts
Another great product and service experience. I ordered these LED DRLs and LED rear bumper lights from David about a month ago and received them and tossed the boxes in my trunk. I finally installed them today at work. The install to do the front DRLs and rear LEDs took about 2 1/2 hours total to do both. I also through in the Cree fog light bulbs which I forgot all about until I opened the rear bumper led box and they were in there. They all look great and I think they just make the car look so much better. It's amazing the little lights you can add and how much they change the overall appearance. Thanks David & Eric

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Another great product and service experience. I ordered these LED DRLs and LED rear bumper lights from David about a month ago and received them and tossed the boxes in my trunk. I finally installed them today at work. The install to do the front DRLs and rear LEDs took about 2 1/2 hours total to do both. I also through in the Cree fog light bulbs which I forgot all about until I opened the rear bumper led box and they were in there. They all look great and I think they just make the car look so much better. It's amazing the little lights you can add and how much they change the overall appearance. Thanks David & Eric
Adam, thank you again for the outstanding feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave the review. If you have a chance, post up some pics of the LEDs you've installed. Everyone loves pics on the site and it definitely helps others to see what the product looks like once installed.

I cannot thank you enough for your business and the wonderful reviews that you have left on the products you've purchased. I appreciate you as a customer and look forward to working with you in the future. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 KIA Optima
236 Posts
Adam, thank you again for the outstanding feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave the review. If you have a chance, post up some pics of the LEDs you've installed. Everyone loves pics on the site and it definitely helps others to see what the product looks like once installed.

I cannot thank you enough for your business and the wonderful reviews that you have left on the products you've purchased. I appreciate you as a customer and look forward to working with you in the future. :thumbsup:
I tried to upload pics for some reason its saying size exceeded.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
26 Posts
OK, now were talking!! I did see a video where you have to cut the bumper? Is this true? Any videos on instillation? Is this hard or easy to install? Thanks!!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
OK, now were talking!! I did see a video where you have to cut the bumper? Is this true? Any videos on instillation? Is this hard or easy to install? Thanks!!!
It's not the bumper that needs to be cut, but the bumper support underneath the bumper cover. It's a very small amount, about 2 1/2 to 3 inches on each side. There is a detailed DIY here on the forum and you can find the link to it on the product description page on our site. You can also purchase a 2013 SXL bumper support which does not require any additional modification to make it work. as far as the installation, it is very straightforward and doesn't take much time at all.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I installed oem drls awhile back as i have a 2012 and didnt have them. I just got in a new set from David with 5050.
You have the option of cutting the ends of the bumper off like alot do, triming the bumper as i did or ordering a new bumper for the years that have the drl stock. I think its around $300+ for a new bumper as i debated on it. I just didnt want to cut the ends of completly but thats me. Hoping to install them soon to go along with my new oem dual projector headlights.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX SX
584 Posts
I just ordered the 5050 upgrade DRL to replace the exLEDusa ones that broke due to an auto accident. Can't wait to have them working again!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I installed oem drls awhile back as i have a 2012 and didnt have them. I just got in a new set from David with 5050.
You have the option of cutting the ends of the bumper off like alot do, triming the bumper as i did or ordering a new bumper for the years that have the drl stock. I think its around $300+ for a new bumper as i debated on it. I just didnt want to cut the ends of completly but thats me. Hoping to install them soon to go along with my new oem dual projector headlights.
Thanks for the pics William, and for your order with us.

I just ordered the 5050 upgrade DRL to replace the exLEDusa ones that broke due to an auto accident. Can't wait to have them working again!
Adam, thank you for placing an order with us on the site. We got these shipped out for you on Friday! :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
187 Posts
i would like to purchase this however i do not want to do it myself. I think this is best done by a pro. My question is where do i go for something like this? I live in the San Diego area and have no idea what kind of a shop does this sort of work

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
i would like to purchase this however i do not want to do it myself. I think this is best done by a pro. My question is where do i go for something like this? I live in the San Diego area and have no idea what kind of a shop does this sort of work
I would recommend looking on www.Yelp.com for an installer in your area. This is how I am able to find installers for customers across the country.

Get on Yelp and type in the city and for type of business, just put in automotive installer or, auto mechanic. Then print out the installation instructions or email the installer a link to them and have them give you a quote.
[HR][/HR]
This product and many others will be on sale this week staring in two days on Thanksgiving at 5pm PST.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
187 Posts
how about the wires? will a 2012 sx have the necessary wires in order for this to work? how does the DLR strip connect with the stock optima? I know someone who is willing to help me do this he just wants to know if anything special is needed to connect the wires from the LED to wherever they connect to if that makes any sense

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I may have to get some of these so DINO will like me...........NAHHHHH! :)
LOL, Dave you're fine just the way you are and I ain't that bad of a guy ya know :)
You two are silly!! :poke:

how about the wires? will a 2012 sx have the necessary wires in order for this to work? how does the DLR strip connect with the stock optima? I know someone who is willing to help me do this he just wants to know if anything special is needed to connect the wires from the LED to wherever they connect to if that makes any sense
There is no special wiring or connectors that are needed. Your vehicle did not come pre-wired for daytime running lights, therefore there is no connector plug they would connect in to. You simply cut off the end of the connector plug that you receive in the package from us with the DRL's, and wire the power wire to the ignition fuse and the ground wire to a ground point on the vehicle. This way when you turn the vehicles ignition on, the lights will come on, when you turn the vehicle ignition off, they will turn off. Otherwise you could connect them to come on with a switch inside the cabin if you prefer.

·
Registered
2013 K5
623 Posts
I got my 5050 DRL's from K5OS last year for my 2013 and can't be more happier and satisfied they are worth the extra money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts