Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been getting an intermittent problem with the car not detecting the key, sometimes if i hit the lock unlock button then it detects it.
tried the spare it doesn't detect it at all. tested both batteries, 2.7 volts is what they read.

what the **** is going on, wasn't sure i was going to get to work today.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had the same issue and once I put new batteries in the fobs they worked perfectly. I know you tested the batteries but I would try new ones just in case. If they haven't been replaced before they probably need to be now.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I also had the same issue a month ago. I didn't mess around and test the fobs batteries I just replied them now both key fobs work perfectly. Super easy and cheap

·
Premium Member
4,414 Posts
Hmm, do you still have this problem or have you try it with some new battery yet? Mine was acting up too and pressing the lock button on the handle didn't do anything but changing the battery does the trick and fixed it. Hope it's just the battery in your case, keep us posted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
might be a silly question.... but did you do a HID upgrade? I had that issue so i had to switch to a HID kit from K5OS and it got solved.
My key fob wouldn't respond when the headlights were on unless i was right in front of the car, i changed to the new kit and they work fine now

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no head light change, i did notice today if my remote is in my pocket opposite the door, the button on the handle wont work, but if i turn so the remote is right next to the car then the door handle button works and unlocks the car. maybe the sensor that recognizes the fob is going bad??

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Do you have a smartphone? There could be some interference possible with them. If you do, leave the phone in the house and go open your vehicle to see if it matters and do it numerous times to see if it makes any difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts