Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 sxl key fob is working, but takes several attempts to open doors, trunk, or start engine. It will eventually wake up and it works fine. I have changed the battery. That did not help. My other fob does not have this problem. Anyone else had this problem and a solution? Are fobs covered by warranty?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
178 Posts
My 2018 sxl key fob is working, but takes several attempts to open doors, trunk, or start engine. It will eventually wake up and it works fine. I have changed the battery. That did not help. My other fob does not have this problem. Anyone else had this problem and a solution? Are fobs covered by warranty?
The constant use of the buttons is what causes the failure. Auto part stores sell new casings with the buttons and you just put the board in them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Most of the time the key fobs are not covered by the warranty or the dealer another out-of-pocket expense with new cars. To answer your question it sounds like your RF sensor in the key fob is getting weak you can order a new key fob there around $130 programmed at most key making dealers. If you know how to program it yourself then you can buy one for about 60 dollars but I would definitely look into getting one before your key fob fully quits so you don't get locked out of your car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts