Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia 2013 Kia Optima SX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Hoping i can get some help as i have been having issues with my 2013 Kia SX- the key fob will not lock/unlock. This just started last night , i tried it in the morning and now i cant even lock/unlock from the inside. The key is not being detected in the vehicle either. I replaced the key fob key and no difference:thumbsdown:.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,875 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

After reading your post, the 1st thing that comes to mind is the battery.

When you mentioned you replaced the "keyfob key" did you mean you replaced the battery?

-David

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is 2015. It's not recognizing the key. I changed the battery and it didn't work. I used the trick of pushing the start bottom with the key but didn't work either.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,875 Posts
Mine is 2015. It's not recognizing the key. I changed the battery and it didn't work. I used the trick of pushing the start bottom with the key but didn't work either.
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Sounds like the remote may have died on you. If you are sure the battery is not the issue, and would like to get a replacement remote, we can help you with that.

For a fraction of the price that the Kia dealership will charge you, we have them brand new available on our site below.

Just select which year model you have and we will get you out the right one.

2011-2015 Kia Optima OEM Smart Keyfob Remote - K5 Optima Store

-David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts